Thursday, June 16, 2011

Trampoline!



We've moved to American Fork and will be living in the basement of my sister-in-law's home. As they have yet to move in, we've had the run of the entire house, using both ovens, lounging about upstairs, enjoying the fireplace and trampoline, that sort of thing.
We moved in a few weeks ago. By the end of the day, cleaning both where we left and where we are now as well as moving, I couldn't remember when I'd last been so tired. Of course, being so tired, I couldn't remember much :) I went downstairs to shower and discovered that we had no shower curtain... so I took a bath. I guess I was still for too long because the motion sensor lights automatically turned off leaving me in pitch darkness. (Is pitch really the darkest thing anyone could ever think of?) I guess every house has its surprises :) It did take quite a bit of arm waving to turn it back on. Maybe that'll have to go--but I'll see when I shower like regular instead of exhaustedly try to stay awake in the bath. We just got our shower curtain rigged up. Before this, we were using the upstairs shower which has a glass door on it.
I've been hired! The other day I called back on a paraeducator job at a charter school in Orem and they said they were about to call me and hire me. I beat them to it. The job is in a 6th grade classroom and I'll be doing a teacher's aide sort of position. I'll get to teach part of the day, which will be really good experience. Also, the teacher who hired me is in charge of the English rotation for the 3 sixth grade classes in the school, so I'll be able to help with that. The school is a positive atmosphere and I'm looking forward to it. Also, I've checked out a stack of books to try to educate myself on what 6th graders would like to read--This could be a fun summer of reading. What a great excuse to read things way below my level! (says the person who read a picture book, Esio Trot, to her husband last night.)
We do look forward to Chad and Natalie coming. I've been pretty bored, especially since being hired because my job doesn't start until August. The new ward has been really friendly, although there aren't that many people my age. Everyone's made us feel welcome.
This house is right next to the junior high where I did my student teaching. I have 3 students in my ward from them, and all of them are really nice people :)

1 comment:

  1. yay trampoline pictures! we'll be there in less than a week and then you'll wish for the peace and quiet back! What books are you reading? I've been reading the Charlie Bone books - that's 6th grade, right? And congrats on the job!!!

    ReplyDelete