Being a tax accountant's wife means that you get some proxy stress from your spouse... even if you don't have kids or a job... and then you wonder how you're stressed.
The weather is great this week, though today's been windy. Still, with my hair tied back I've taken Little Foot on not 1 but 2 walks today. The last walk I met up with a friend, Lori and her baby boy.
Jay has a story request for the day:
On Friday Jay didn't come home for lunch like usual because he had a monthly lunch at the office. I had the truck the day--I'd dropped him off so I could run some errands. Right around lunch time Little Foot started barking. I looked over from the dishes to see him at the garage door, reminding me to get Jay! Smart dog. He knew it was time, and thought I'd forgotten. Then again at about 4:40 p.m. he started barking again, wanting to get Jay. "Hey you, Julie you forgot! Let's go get him!"
I've been working on getting some of my home organized and I've also been doing indexing online. It's good to do some service--the indexing it transcribing handwritten records digitally.
It's been awhile since I've posted, so I'll tell you about each picture.
Little Foot has actually been to the vet a bajillion of times recently. Yes, a bajillion.
1) He had his 6 mo. appt. and we got him neutered while he was there
2) We left him at a doggie day care to get him used to being at a kennel for when we leave town. There, without enough supervision, he licked his neutering wound raw and had to go in again for an antibiotic.
3) Removing stitches from neutering
4) He had a large lump. It turned out to be normal, the bulbous glandis and nothing to worry about.
5) After I returned from Tucson, I noticed a discolored tooth. The last time I'd seen a tooth that way they'd had to pull it. So I took him in to see if it could be saved. He still has it.
6) I bought a ball from a pet store. It wasn't actually safe for him because he ate some bits and had some tummy problems. I took him in. Luckily he didn't need surgery. If the pieces had gotten caught, it would have been a really expensive procedure and I would have been very unhappy with the company who made the ball.
A Bajillion) A recheck from the "I like to eat rubber!" incident.
All these trips (and the fact that the Banfield staff now knows me by sight) make me feel like the crazy dog lady who's hypochondriac on behalf of her dog. Now I just need to get 12 more dogs and keep them on a shelving unit and... but that level of crazy dog lady will have to wait until I'm older.
Luckily, besides the neutering, some antibiotics, and a shot for the tummy troubles, the visits were free.
I've been working on piano, getting in shape, reading, even some writing, and organizing stuff. And of course making food. I love food and recipes.
Jay and I have some new friends, Tawny and Jon, who we like to hang out with a lot. Jay and Jon have been getting together some card decks to play magic--a game I only like to play when I win--so it's a good thing the guys have each other. Just kidding. I do play with Jay... but I'm still at the point where I forget half the things I can do.
| Jay got me these for Valentine's day! He works hard to take care of me. |
| Little Foot was getting more dominant and the vet said his prostate was enlarged, so we ended up getting him neutered. It doesn't look like he minded the cone much, does it? |
| I left for just a minute and this is what he did to my clean, folded laundry! |
| Today he just hung out in a sunbeam for a long time. |
No comments:
Post a Comment