I can e-mail these pictures to anyone who wants them.
For the first week of Sam's life, Bob's mom came and helped a lot. She left Wednesday and I came the following Monday.
I received a warm welcome, if I do say so myself.
My little sister is now a mommy! She does it so well, too.
Baby Sam likes music and he loves to be kept close. I think he also loves new people and attention. After 1 person had held him awhile, he would be more content if handed to someone new.
I had really good luck putting him in his swing. It seemed like every time Bob was at class and Sarah left me alone with the baby, I always ended up buckling him into his swing, often when it wasn't even on. This way I could use both hands on things. Don't worry, I also held him a lot. But dishes are a lot easier with both hands. The swing was great, though.
He also slept really well during conference. Old men talking and choirs singing seems very soothing to him. They were also soothing to me. I fell asleep for the last half hour of the Saturday Afternoon session. That night, while Sarah and Bob went out to eat, Sam and I listened to what I'd missed. He got some more sleep.
Speaking of the date night, I was a bit confused when Bob asked me about it. He said, "Can you watch Sam one night?"
And I stared at him. For some reason I thought he was asking me to watch Sam overnight. Ummm. . . but his food comes out of your wife, and I'm not known for waking up when babies cry. . . Then I realized he was asking me to watch him one evening. That was great :)
While I was there we went to a few parks and walked around, we did errands, and ate so much food. Mostly Sarah and I hung out and talked a lot, while taking turns holding and caring for the baby. . . and taking turns sleeping too.The days kind of blurred together.
Maybe women are the ones who have babies because we enjoy sitting around and talking so much, and there's not that much else to do when caring for a newborn. You wanted to go out hunting? Too bad!
| The swing. My favorite place! |
| Are you pondering what I'm pondering? |
| I think Sam looks like his dad |
| Just so long as I'm not in my bassinet, having room to stretch out is nice. The bassinet is evil, though. I will not sleep in it. If I'm tired, you'd better hold me. |
| I love my mommy |
| Look at those eyes |
No comments:
Post a Comment