Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas 2015

Theo had a great Christmas. He also just woke up, now that I uploaded photos and microwaved lunch, so I'm typing with one hand again.

We moved my extended family's Christmas Eve party to our church building. I was a bit afraid it might be impersonal, but it was actually fantastic. We had 41 people attend, all of which I'm related to. I don't think the head count included the new babies this year (since the cooks didn't provide food for them). There were 4 babies born in the last year that came and 2 more that couldn't get their parents to bring them.

The highlight of the program may have been when 10-year-old Caleb said he'd sing "Angels We Have Heard On High." He sang it in the lower octave and had all the verses memorized. Good job.
Unfortunately for him, his 7-year-old sister Kaiana also had the chorus memorized. She raced up excitedly for the first chorus and joined him. Caleb got a serious but annoyed expression on his face, but didn't stop her.
She left while he sang the second verse, but she and his cousin Clara both ran up and joined him for the second and third choruses. I was trying not to laugh, but by the end, I'm afraid I did.
Caleb gets a good sport award

The children put on a live nativity. It was voted Theo needed to be baby Jesus. I proclaimed myself the manger and held him in the middle when the time came. Theo was exactly 6 weeks old and when "Mary" looked down at him, he smiled right back. It was adorable!

Santa also attended the party. Someone did take a picture of our family with him, so we'll get a copy eventually.

We had Natalie's family visit us on Sunday. We always have lots of fun together. Her 3 kids discovered they all fit inside Jay's huge duffle bag! Chad got footage on his phone of 1 kid after another emerging from the bag like a clown car.

We also put our feet in the hot tub. Their family was still in church clothes, but isn't that what vacation is for? Doing silly things you weren't prepared for? 

We also had a Christmas party at my grandma's where we ate yummy food and had fun and watched The Grinch (the animation I love, not the live action). We had our party with Steve's family and Sarah's family.

It has been so nice to spend time with family. Even my maternal grandma came down from Utah, so I got to see her as well.























No comments:

Post a Comment