On Apr 8th, 13 days away from Easter, I picked up $1 egg dye kit. I forgot the rule of buying project things with Theo: either do it immediately when you get home, or I will hear about it.
I made time for the egg decorating, after I cleaned the kitchen and did other chores. Theo was ecstatic.
I helped him peel one and then he insisted that I eat one too. After that I got up for something and when I came back, I found that the temptation to smash the eggs was too great. Oh, the carnage.
I peeled the eggs and put them into a Tupperware and put the one remaining, uncracked egg into the fridge to show Jay later.
 |
| Do you see the destruction? |
We went to the zoo with friends around this time too.
 |
| This giraffe was licking the tree for looonnnngg time! |
 |
| He's wearing my hat |
 |
| Theo loved the aviary |
 |
After everyone else left, we went back and Theo spent 30 minutes in the bird house with the bird guide trying to find all the birds. There weren't that many -- it's pretty small. Another parent we didn't know came in and said to her daughter, "Look! It's a peacock." Theo said, "Actually it's a argus pheasant." Theo was right. |
 |
| The kids were so interested in the giraffes that they never did pose for a photo |
 |
| Theo is learning the joy of lining up toys in a row. I hear most kids love it. |
Next was a preschool Easter Egg Hunt.
For the hunt (combined with both preschools from our old area, so a bigger group) we were supposed to bring 12 filled eggs to hide. The night before I found 12 mismatched eggs (I couldn't find all tops and bottoms to match). I put them in his basket and put them aside, telling Theo that he couldn't play with them anymore since I had to wash them for the egg hunt the next morning. After I got him to sleep, I couldn't find the basket anywhere. Where had I put it?
I enlisted Jay's help. He immediately found it -- in Theo's room with other toys stacked on top of the eggs. I couldn't find it because I was thinking it was where I had left it. Jay correctly checked Theo's room.
Other moms brought more than 12 and many put stickers and other alternative things inside. Maren even brought bubbles and play bugs in hers.
 |
| I didn't get a picture (unfortunately) but someone hid an egg by that fence and the cow found it and was licking the egg through the fence. The cow couldn't get it. |
 |
| Theo told me that his dinosaur ate a 2 and you can see it in his tummy |
 |
| Theo met Clifford at the library. At his request, we went to 2 Clifford storytimes that day to meet Clifford twice |
 |
The flowers are fake, but the nest and eggs are real. Easter eggs. We had a delivery guy ask if the bird that was sitting there at the time was fake. Haha |
 |
| Glasses that help you find the eggs |
 |
| Hunt at my parents' house. I didn't bring the camera |
 |
| Happy 14th birthday Little Foot! He picked out his own toy and wouldn't put it down, so Jay picked him up to scan it at the checkout. |
Theo has been extremely into Easter this year. A month before the holiday Theo wanted to buy some plastic eggs and I told him we had some at home already. Committed, I pulled them out. He played egg hunt with empty eggs for a month before Easter and continues now a week after. It's pretty cute.
We did the actual Easter egg hunt after church and nap on Easter. Church was early enough that we needed some more time. After 2 hunts already, the Easter Bunny felt pressured to do something extra. The basket had a Berenstain Bears treasury in it and bunny ears. Theo wore the ears to the store just on Friday and every kid in the store was jealous. Theo loved those. The eggs had 1 jelly bean in some of them (he had had soooo many sweets!), but also chips, Goldfish, marshmallows, and in 2 big eggs, some homemade slime (in a Ziplock). Theo had a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment