Monday, November 2, 2020

Halloween -- Super Mario Bros

 Did we go all out for Halloween this year? Of course not. We'll just figure out some little costumes since we aren't attending any parties or seeing people. That was kind of the plan.

But this is us we're talking about and Theo was excited and then Jay made a really cool spiked turtle shell for Little Foot to be Bow-wowser and I just had to make the girls not only skirts, but matching headbands. 

Also, I realized this after the fact, this is the first time the girls and I have matched. We had thrown around ideas of Wendy being Frog Mario and Miri being Toad. My mom said it would be perfect because Frog and Toad are friends. But this is what we ended up with and it's cute.

Theo: Mario

Jay: Luigi

Miri, Wendy, Julie: Goombas

Little Foot: Bow-wowser















Their pumpkins have slime faces (from the video game Slime Rancher)
Yes, Theo loves games.









On Friday morning we met Zinah and Rachel and Jenna and did play at the otherwise empty playground. It was cool so I dressed the girls in tights and sweaters. 
Miri
Miri kisses






I'm glad I made headbands


Me: Go to sleep, Wendy
Wendy: No.
Wendy

Wendy, Grandma, Miri






We honestly had so much fun for Halloween this year. And thanks to the Internet, lots of people saw our costumes anyway.

Other updates:

Wendy got her first tooth on Wed. Oct. 22 :)
She actually almost has a second one now -- last I checked you could see it right under the gums, but it hasn't quite broken through yet. I suspect in the next day or two she'll have 2 teeth just like Miri.

Theo likes reading and we even have done some word puzzles together. He found an Amazon Christmas toy catalogue (yeah, they sent a physical copy) and started looking through it. I figured he would be asking for lots of fancy toys when it was done. Instead he calls out, excitedly, "Did you know that there is such a thing as a Scrabble Jr.?"
He really loves letters, even still. I guess they are his first love.

The girls' favorite song I sing for them is probably "The Eensy-Weensy Spider." I think it's a favorite because I can do the hand motions even when they are both in my lap. It's not like "Once there Was a Snowman" where you're supposed to stand up (or help the baby stand) and so you can't really do it with 2. Or maybe they just like the spider hand motion.

They love butterflies too. Wendy has had a resurgence in pacifier love, and Miri has jumped on that trend as well. It's so funny to see them with pacifiers after they ignored them for several months. And I remember how much smaller they used to be compared even to a pacifier.

Below is a photo from Halloween 2015. I don't seem to have a blog post about it. I would guess it got deleted, but maybe it just never got posted. It was really close to Theo's birthday. And we were moving states and busy.

2015 Charlie Brown Halloween
Jay: Linus
Little Foot: Linus's Blanket
Me: Pumpkin Patch
Unborn baby (Theo): The Great Pumpkin.

The angle doesn't show how big my "pumpkin" (pregnant belly) was -- Theo was born about 2 weeks later at 7 pounds 10 oz.


No comments:

Post a Comment