Sunday, March 2, 2025

Mountains

 We went up Mount Lemmon yesterday.
Jay took off work for a few days this week, so we also visited the zoo as well.

I usually keep gather funny stories, but haven't done it recently, so I'll see what I can remember.

We were in the car and Don't Stop Believin' came on. Miri was adamant that all her siblings needed to be really quiet. Then she made sure to tell me not to talk either. Just as I thought she was going to jam out, she piped up, "Now turn off that music and we can just be quiet until we get home!" I guess not everyone is a Journey fan.

A few weeks ago at church my mom sat by us. My dad sits up front for his calling, and she plays the organ most weeks, so when she sits by us, the kids really like it. Jay had Wendy at Urgent Care (strep test was positive) and so Miri sat between my mom and I. She grabbed both of our arms and very contentedly held on for several minutes, not having to share us with her twin. Miri will do the same thing with Jay and I. She likes snuggling all the grown ups.

Health update, I (Julie) was diagnosed with asthma. I had a flare up in January that lasted about 3 weeks, but was feeling a lot better by the time I got in to see the specialist and actually get tested for asthma a few weeks after that.  




Driving up the mountain

Theo got his first stripe at his new jiu-jitsu gym. I'm proud of his hard work.

Hide and go seek. Do you see Wendy?

At the zoo

Giraffes are so cool!

Wendy was proud that she has learned to draw hearts just like grown ups do.
The spirals are the wind. The dots on the roof are soot sprites in the attic.

Theo got up early and ate all the blackberries and then sat on the couch watching TV. The girls came in to accuse him with the evidence. 

Strawberry cake mix cookies with a chocolate kiss. I had bought stuff for it to make for Valentine's Day, but I woke up and found that Theo had gotten up even earlier and made some cake mix into a cake. I figured that was enough sweets for that day, so I made these a few weeks later. They were good. I think the peanut butter kiss cookies are still my favorite, but I like trying new foods.


See the cat in the picture before this one? Wendy drew that cat.


New, short haircuts. The checkout lady at the grocery store complimented the girls on their new haircuts. It's nice that people remember them and even notice haircuts.

The glasses are totally fake. She loves to wear them.

Miri's hair is so straight now, and really pretty just combed and let down.

At the park for a family ramble. Miri was wearing Theo's old elephant shirt and Wendy was wearing Jay's old Casper the Friendly Ghost shirt. It still glows in the dark after 30 years.

Morning greetings

I'm pretty sure these are bread bowls we made together. This was a day they learned about space in preschool and so they both dressed in Theo's old space shirts.



No comments:

Post a Comment