Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Questions

Money Jobs 

Wendy: Can I do money jobs?

Me: Sure, check the list. 
Wendy: Weeding, ten dollars a weed.
Me: Ten CENTS a weed. 

Science Facts

I introduced the kids to Why Does the Sun Shine (The Sun Is a Mass of Incandescent Gas) months ago. Wendy especially loves rocking out to it. Miri asks me if all the science facts are real. I said yes. 

Then I found out that, no, all the facts are NOT real. In 2009 They Might Be Giants wrote another song to dispel the false facts, called Why Does the Sun Really Shine (The Sun Is a Miasma of Incandescent Plasma).

So, after listening to the song, Miri had to call Tache to ask him what plasma was. We talked about it a lot. 

Wendy doesn't care about the science as much: The original, less accurate song, is more fun to dance to. She likes the rock version (there are lots of versions without drums on youtube. She likes the loud, fast version) But when on the phone,  she did ask Tache why the planets orbit the sun, instead of floating off in space. So she's thinking and trying to understand the universe as well.

How Old Am I?

My mom asked my girls how old I'll be on my birthday. Miri said 29. Wendy said 40.
I don't think they realize that those ages are the "age women pretend to be to seem younger" and "really old" in some circles. 
I'm turning 39.
Creative dance class!



Super loose tooth!

lunch at Sachiko with friends

Theo taught the girls how all the pieces move. I heard Wendy say, "The goal is to protect your king!" as if she's an expert. Quickly, the game was abandoned. But they did set it up and start playing.



library summer craft: making clay pots


4th of July



library dirt cups


 
Our vacation this year was to Great Wolf Lodge. Lots of water slides. Also a story about the fire alarm waking us all up at like 6:40 a.m. I made sure we had shoes, I had glasses and my purse with the inhalers in it, car keys, and we left. I didn't realize until we got outside that Miri had grabbed everything she could -- Doggoo and her backpack and was upset she hadn't brought more.
We went out for breakfast at iHop while we waited for the all clear and could go back.




Fun at the library with a giant volcano display


Kitchen kids camp! The girls had their class first and then Theo's class later. Theo was always in too much of a rush to take a photo. This day they girls made granola and got to pick tomatoes out of the teacher's garden

the cinnamon twists were the best




Zinah and I went to Filipino food at Nick's Sari Sari Store and Restuarant


No comments:

Post a Comment