So we got ready in the truck, with Little Foot bedded down next to me as I was driving. See, when Jay drove, Little Foot was so often in my lap... but he wasn't allowed in my lap while I shifted and drove.
By the way, Jay picked out these pictures for the blog and they are all very Little Foot friendly, it seems. But we both love the Foot and he's more photogenic than either of us.
We had a week and so saw lots of family. One day we went to the park with my parents, Daniel, Kaiana, and young Daniel Mark. Notice how in the park picture Daniel Mark has Little Foot's tennis ball and seems to think it's his, not the dog's :) Daniel Mark, who is almost exactly Seth's age (my nephew I live with--in my wedding photos you can see that both Lisa and Natalie are quite pregnant), thinks of balls the way Seth thinks of anything with wheels :)
The kids also had fun trying to feed Little Foot, competing to feed him, fighting to feed him while Little Foot and Jay were sitting in the big leather chair. That night we also got the picture of Kaiana and Jay on the bed with Little Foot. We read her some Japanese children stories that Jay liked when he was a kid, including one about a goblin with a nose that can grow miles long :)
We got to visit at my Dad's mom and she spoiled us rotten :) That's what grandmas do, right? wWe saw her pond and her turtles and koi. Her decorations were cute. She loves to decorate for the holidays.
When we visited Grandma and Grandpa in Marana, we had a nice time playing games and eating ice cream.
Caleb spent the night at my parents one evening. He followed Jay around a lot and loved Little Foot. He also gave his opinion when Mom explained that she didn't have a spare bed for him since Sarah, Jay and I were here. He believed that he could just sleep with Jay and I--the bed was obviously big enough for 3... ha ha
At Leilani's party at Uncle Ken and Aunt Alicia's we saw lots of people and had fun. They also decorated crowns with jewels and swirls and things... ... ... and now you know how I got swirl cheeks. Kaiana had actually decorated my entire face with hearts and diamond shapes... but these were the ones Jay wouldn't let me take off. I kind of look like an anime girl... And Jay wanted a picture.
Got to go to tithing settlement :)
Oh, I joined Flikr, username jvidinha
No comments:
Post a Comment