Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Curtains Complete! Mission Accomplished.

The valance has a really pretty pattern on it, also in ivory.

My mom made both these pillowcases. See how nice they make our bed look?

Jay and I made these curtains together last night. Curtains by myself took days. Curtains with Jay went quickly. This is the only pair we lined to help keep sun out and warmth in. The picture with the curtains open didn't turn out, but they do open :)

Little Foot's spot. "Go to your spot!" we say, and he obeys. "Good boy."

Looooong

I need to update the ones with Hunter and Megan, as well as get pictures of Lisa's family. ... But for some reason I happen to have some really good ones of Sakura and Seth. If people give us pictures, I'll put them up. I have other framed ones from Christmas cards I saved, too.

Jay and our extremely cute, cuddly dog.
Jay is getting to know more about his job everyday. He even spent awhile counting cows since we moved here. No joke. He worked on taxes for a cattle ranch. He's enjoying having some time to do as he pleases, although I think we need to pick up a few more hobbies. Since the curtains are all complete, he can't do that anymore.
I've been working to train Little Foot so he feels needed. He will now go to his spot on command and stay there for awhile if you tell him, which is very good for him and helpful for us when we don't want him walking on material full of dangerous pins or whatever. It's a big improvement from shutting him in a bedroom and having him cry at the door. Instead he waits patiently... to some extent.
We love the duplex still. The only lemon so far has been the utilities--an old place like this takes a lot of gas to heat it. But we'll keep that in mind for our next place. And no, we don't have any plans of moving soon.
I'm volunteering at the bishop storehouse tomorrow. I don't think I've done that since I was a youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment