| Are those 2 different choices of hot sauce on the desk? Why, I think those are! |
We spent our Friday night date night making an awesome blanket fort and then we lounged in it content while watching episode 6 on our computer.
Yes, this is partially in answer to some Mormon blogger who complained that young single adults in this church don't grow up and instead do blanket forts and photo scavenger hunts like they're still kids, and that's such a problem with the church...
I say that the tradition of donning extremely silly plaid pants, hitting a little ball with a stick, and going across large grassy areas on a cart instead of exercising your legs, could also be seen as childish, but adults call it golf.
I have to admit that with the spare mattress on the bottom, this blanket fort is definitely an upgrade from when I was a kid.
Let's see if I can think of any other news.
I have a new phone number. Call me for it. Just kidding. It's on Facebook, and you can e-mail me for it or ask my mommy. Don't ask me. I still keep forgetting it. :)
I did my first ever accompanying a hymn in a church setting, and it went okay, so I'm progressing in piano.
Little Foot really, really loved going to a new walking trail today. Apparently he'll walk in whatever hot weather, so long as it's a fun new place to go.
I got a new windshield on the truck, since a rock on the freeway cracked the old one. Sad day!
I knew I had to refill out paperwork for insurance and really didn't want to. I actually put it off by doing laundry! That's how low paperwork falls on the "I hate it" totem pole. Sometimes we don't realize these things until we actually find ourselves doing one thing to avoid another.
There's a reading club online that is doing "Around the World in 80 Books". The concept is simple: you find books written that take place in 80 different countries by authors who have lived in those countries (so you know you're getting real insider's information). I'll have to keep you posted on any great books I find :)
I'll have to see how far my little library will take me :) The only unfortunate part is that since I only know English, not all the texts will be as cultural as they could be.
So far:
Scotland-- Dream Angus by Alexander McCall Smith
Review: These interesting short stories, interspersed with stories of the ancient Celtic god of dreams, made me think about human nature. In modern times we have people who function as our own "dream Angus", making things go better for us, since dreams can be important in our lives.
The stories didn't always have very conclusive endings, but since they were short and an easy read, I didn't feel as if the author robbed me of an ending.Currently Reading:
United States-- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
India-- Miss Timmins' School for Girls by Nayana Currimbhoy
No comments:
Post a Comment