Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Decorations 2013

I meant to take a picture of our stockings, too, but forgot.
We're very excited about Christmas this year. I'm displaying all our new decorations.
I think our tree should be called "Dog and Frog are friends."

homemade wreath :) The flowers are felt.

Nat gave us a tree!
History of 3 Christmases and no tree of our own:
Year 1) We were in a studio apartment. Absolutely no room in the inn for a tree.
Besides, we visited the Carpenters for Christmas.
Year 2) We lived with Nat and Chad. They had a tree. Also, we went to Oregon. There we had a live Christmas tree cut from property Jay's grandparents own.
Year 3) Our own tree!

I made the tree skirt. It has pretty gathers that the camera doesn't do justice to. I made it from a $3 tablecloth I got at Goodwill. Instructions here. Because my round piece was only 58" across instead of 70" as the instructions say, I only did 6" gathers.

Tawny gave me the tree topper as well as some ornaments because she's nice :)
The topper is really old and the style reminds me of the topper we used at home growing up.
Also, you can see a lot of ornaments my family made for me.
See the wood working ones? Those are from Uncle Kenny Burke. The crocheted snowflakes are from my Grandma Carpenter. I made the sugarplum ornaments with my mother-in-law.


1 comment: