Sunday, May 1, 2016

First Solid Food

We did it. We gave some solids to Theo.
My doctor did suggest rice cereal and the instructions on the box said to mix 1 tablespoon of the dry cereal with 4-5 tablespoons breast milk. Ha, it was so thin!
He loved it, but I don't know that he really ate much. He would lean in and grin as he closed his mouth on a spoonful, and then it would dribble out of his mouth.
We all had rice tonight -- the adults had chicken and veggie stir fry with rice and Theo had his rice cereal and I gave a little rice to the doggie too. It was fun to have the entire family around the table for dinner.

I figured we could start solids now because he seems ready. He sits up well and is interested in our food. In fact, a week ago I was holding him and a plate with cornbread on it and he stole a handful from my cornbread. When I said, "Hey!" Theo dropped the cornbread on my shirt and Little Foot hurried over to clean the tile under my feet. The cornbread had honey in it, which is forbidden to babies, so I'm glad he didn't try to stuff it in his mouth.

I also figured if there was an issue with solids, it would be nice to find out before Theo's six month check up in two weeks. Then if I can ask lots of questions to his doctor.

Theo also took a bottle today from his dad. This is exciting because mine and Jay's first date since Theo was born was a bit rough for Theo. He was hungry but refused to take a bottle. 

In my last post I showed pictures from the Pima Air and Space Museum. My mom watched Theo, but we took Little Foot. It was nice to walk around and see all the planes, both in the hangers and outside. Jay asked a volunteer how they got the planes in the hanger. We were told the floor was built, and then the planes were brought in, and then the walls were built.

No comments:

Post a Comment