Saturday, March 17, 2018

I realized it was Pi day (March 14 or 3.14) sometime around noon. I searched my cupboards and found 1 can of cherry pie filling. I decided to bake pizza and make mini pies. This was a bit much to do, but it happened.
I was making dinner and Theo was really clingy and upset and kept asking for pizza and pie. I kept telling him that we can't eat pizza and pie until I make it and I was having trouble making it when he needed me. Then he told me there was something in his mouth and that it hurt. He was teething! I got him a bowl of ice cubes and an ice pop and some Tylenol and he felt better.
After pizza and bath, I told him he could have pie.
He was very excited and happy and talking to himself. I didn't catch everything, but then I heard, "Stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plumb."
He was reciting the Nursery Rhyme Little Jack Horner:
Little Jack Horner
Sat in the corner,
Eating a Christmas pie;
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,
And said, "What a good boy am I!"



He kept talking about his "Christmas pie!"
The cherry pie filling was his favorite part.

We had 2 rocking chairs, 1 that Lisa gave us before Theo was born that she used with her kids, and 1 that Jay's dad brought down from his maternal grandmother when Theo was 6 months old. Since Davy and Melissa are having a baby, I asked if they needed a chair, which they did. But the chair from Jay's grandma has cushions and is a lot more comfortable than the one I got from Lisa. I decided that as a gift I would make them cushions to go on it.
My Aunt Lori gave me a cushion to use. (I asked if anyone happened to have cushions lying around that would work because the foam is expensive. It never hurts to ask.) My mom watched Theo while I sewed cushion covers.
Anyway, Theo climbed up into my work and announced, "Mommy made this for Theo!"
I replied, "Oh Sweetheart, You can use it now, but it's really for Melissa and Davy. Maybe Mommy should make you something." 
"Yeah!"
"What would you like Mommy to make you?" I wondered, thinking what I could sew him that he would like and use.
He grinned and told me, "Peanut butter and jelly!"
"Well I happen to make excellent peanut butter and jelly."

The baby shower was today. We also got to go to a friend's second birthday party first, so Theo and I had a nice day. And then Daddy finally got home from work. One day tax season will be over. We look forward to that.

Anyway, the baby shower was very nice. The decorations and food were amazing and we played some fun games. I thought the present bingo was really funny. There were bingo sheets with items that may be given as gifts on it. So everyone was hoping to get 5 in a row. I kept wishing she would unwrap a big one since I just needed a nursing pillow to get Bingo. It meant everyone really paid attention during the unwrapping, even the mommy who was trying to entertain her toddler.



I thought it was pretty

Pie day!


I could not get him to look at the camera and smile. He was too intent on the pie.




So many congrats! And Theo gets another cousin.

What a pretty table and cupcakes at the baby shower. 


They had guests color alphabet pages to assemble an alphabet book for the baby




Tony told me to delete this one, but the next is overexposed.



Written 3-8-18

Theo's favorties:
Disclaimer: I don't know that he fully inderstands the word "favorite," but he is pretty consistent with his answers.
Color: dark blue
Animal: elephant
Food: cake or blueberries

Theo is a voracious reader. We get about 15 books for him each time we go to the library and we go at least once a week. A few weeks ago he went through a stage where he would ask each morning if we could go to the library and get new ABC books, every day. No, we can't every day (don't think I'm a villain. When we go to the library we always play with the puzzles and other things and it takes 45 minutes, or more if we do a toddler time too.) Unlike most kids, he gets bored with the same books and wants new ones, or at least ones he hasn't read in awhile. We typically read some of our favorite library books 3-7 times a day. Some of the books only get read 3 times in a week. I feel like he is more opinionated about things than when he was younger. I love asking him to fill in the blanks when we reread a book he knows well, or even better, to have him tell me what is happening on each page.

He typically chooses books he has already read when we go to the library. He got Monsters Go Night Night again the other day and it is a favorite. 

Right now I am struggling to find the line when I correct him. Often my stern voice telling him to not kick the dog just gets giggles. Then he gets a time out. Other times he cries when I sternly tell him no and I wonder if he is not learning a lesson, but is learning that Mommy is mean right now. He is so smart but I don't know that he really understands when I try to teach him later that kicking the dog is bad.

Last night I repeatedly told him to stop throwing a little hard pumpkin. When I went to take it away he threw it and it hit me in the head. I told him he hurt me and put him in time out. When I returned he gave me a hug. I told him that my head hurt and that made me sad. He said that he was sad too. Then he picked up his cup and drank. 
"Water makes me feel better," he said, then added, "Water makes you feel better too." Then he insisted I drink from his cup too. It was very sweet of him.

He asked and asked for an ice cream cone the other evening. I told him we didn't have ice cream or frozen bananas to make (fake, healthy) ice cream. He kept asking to look in the cupboard. I showed him we did have 1 empty ice cream cone, but no ice cream to put in it. He asked to eat that. I said okay. He didn't eat much.

I told Theo I was going on a date.
He looked really serious and said, "I will miss you soooo much!"
"You are going to Rachel's house."
Theo immediately broke into a grin. "Yay!"
I'm so grateful for Zinah and Devon to watch him and also that he likes his cousin Rachel so much.
I hear that he didn't miss me much. This is so much better than when he used to scream for 40 minutes, even when left with Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment