Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Fourth of July

Ordering Eegee's

Jay said loudly at the drive thru, "I want 2 drinks--"
Theo cut him off from the back seat, shouting, "I want a sandwich and a cheese stick!"
We tried to explain to him that we were just there for drinks -- frozen icee-type things to eat while we watched fireworks. We could have the sandwich and cheese stick at home.

Jay and I were laughing so hard.

After fireworks and us getting home late, Theo indeed remembered and ate his sandwich and cheese (there were lots of exhausted tears when we realized that we were out of cheese sticks, but he ate a slice of cheddar okay). He also ate Goldfish crackers and Teddy Grahams. He had worked up an appetite.

For fireworks, we drove to a park near downtown to watch. Theo had a nice time, although he asked Daddy to take him closer and they just kept walking while I stayed with the dog and stuff. I hear he met a 4-year-old named Leila who was very kind and talkative. Jay had a bug on him and she offered him her bug spray. It was a nice family night.
Crunching leaves

One Sunday evening he insisted he needed corn. I told him we could go to the store the next day. When he woke up the next morning, the first words out of his mouth were, "Let's go buy corn!"
Then he almost had a meltdown in the freezer section because I was buying corn off the cob. Once I figured out what he wanted, I found some. We went home, I cooked it, and he feasted. Look at how much he ate!

The other night we were reading a Richard Scarry Busytown book and Theo asked the school nurse's name. I told him that she wasn't named in the book. He looked at me and insisted, "Just look it up on your phone!"
I guess I must tell him when I don't know something that we can just look it up on my all powerful phone.

Theo managed to call my mom using my cell the other day. My parents were driving back from visiting Sarah in Denver so they had time to talk. Theo started explaining things to them.
"My magnet letters stay, but my puzzle pieces don't."
I explained that he was putting things on his metal-coated table and the puzzle pieces didn't stick.
"Yes, it's because they are full of gravity. My magnet letters are not full of gravity, so they stand up."

He is so funny! I love that he has been listening to the science books we read and things we tell him about gravity. Hopefully he doesn't go to high school believing that his puzzle pieces are full of gravity.

I found a new breakfast cookies recipe. It uses oats, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, applesauce, and other things that make them brown. Theo loves them but now thinks that cookies are very brown. What I mean is, we were in the produce department and he thought mushrooms were cookies. Think of how disappointed he would have been. He also got a leftover hamburger patty out of our fridge and was very disappointed that it was not a cookie either. I made another batch yesterday so he has his cookies again.
Video of Theo ignoring his fork and eating pancakes with chopsticks.

1 comment:

  1. I think Theo is just hilarious! You do such a good job of recording all the silly things he does and says. I really need to be better at that because Rachel cracks me up all the time, but I never write it down and then later I can't remember what was so funny!

    ReplyDelete