Monday, September 3, 2018

Vacation at Home

Jay took some time off work and we stayed home and did fun things.


On the show If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Mouse and Oliver draw pictures and Mouse glues flowers or something to his. Then the drawing blows away and they go on an adventure finding it. Well I suggested to Theo we find something to glue to a drawing. It was all a happy situation until we went back outside and he got upset that there wasn't a drawing-stealing wind blowing.



One day we went out for Sonoran dogs. They were good. The best part was the fresh baked bun.

We went to Get Air one day, which is a trampoline gym. The entire place has lots of trampolines. One was set up so you could jump and dunk a basketball. It's not supposed to be hard, but between my limited skills and the fact that Theo was on the trampoline with me so I didn't want to jump and risk hurting him, I had trouble sinking a basket. I realized after several missed shots that Theo was chanting something. I listened and heard a Daniel Tiger song, "Keep trying, you'll get better."
Thanks for the encouragement. Ha ha.
For the record, I did manage to sink a basket shortly after hearing my cheer section.
There were also foam pits you could do flips into.

The other thing we did is went to The Incredibles 2. It didn't go great. Too bad they weren't showing an alphabet special in theaters. We did make it to the end of the movie. There was just a lot of wiggling and going out into the halls. Theo leaned toward me half way through the movie and said, "Mommy, thanks for taking me on an escalator!"
Apparently the escalator in the mall was the favorite event from going to the movies.

I was in front of the freezer, having just got Theo a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar, and I said aloud, while thinking of my sugar intake that day, "Hmmm, should I have one too?"
Theo responded, "Yes, Mommy. They are yummy." I had one too and we sat together.

Some people came over for games with Alex on Saturday. Parcheesi.
I have lots of memories of playing this while I was in elementary school, often on sick days.

This turtle wanted out of his cage





Look at the way he looked at the outside world. He wants to get out so much.




Giant puzzle with cousins

His first carousel ride!

The tiger was being trained while we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment