Sunday, September 30, 2018

Jay's Birthday

For Jay's birthday we had people over for swimming (one of Jay's favorite things) and then pizza (one of all of our favorite things) and then games and Rice Krispie treats.

Yay for having Jay in our lives!

After the party on the Saturday before his birthday, Theo looked at him and said, "Happy birthday, Jay!"
Ummmm, he's called Daddy.
That same night he referred to me as, "Daddy's wife."
Is that better or worse than when he decided we were going to pretend to be cows and he called me "Mommy cow"?



Jay made him Cyrillic letters. He loves them.


I came around the corner and what did I see? He had helped himself to lots of chips.
I made him put most of them back. Then next morning Theo asked for chips for breakfast. When I said no, he argued, "But they are crunchy and Daddy bought them for us!"

Swim party

Fun with cousins!

Caleb helped me watch Theo










































On Jay's actual birthday I made him a Japanese jiggly cheesecake. It sounded like it took some work, but was doable. In actuality, it took way too long. But it was fine. It was a fun thing to do. It didn't turn out perfectly -- namely it didn't jiggle, but it was still yummy. It didn't rise correctly. I figure I either didn't beat the egg whites long enough, or my oven just isn't accurate enough with it's heating.
I used this jiggle cake recipe.

Ever wonder what would 13 egg whites look like, beaten with sugar? It looks like this huge bowl.

You put it in a separate pan with wet paper towels and water in the second pan.


It separates into layers, just like in the original recipe. Theo didn't like the top layer much but liked the more cakey layer. I thought the top layer tasted like flan.

Chopped strawberries on top didn't get photographed.


I'll have to get a better photo of this new suit coat we found for cheap. He is so proud of it!




Tonight Jay had cake at our extended family's Sunday dinner. I didn't get a good photo of the carrot cake, but snapped this. Evidence of my niece helping blow out candles.

When he doesn't nap, sometimes he falls asleep at his dinner plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment