
We had Jared and Lisa's families over for Friday night ice cream last night and I won at Settlers of Catan. To be fair, we finally just called the game because it was getting close to 9 p.m., way past Theo's bedtime and the other kids, and I was ahead at the time.
Theo's current obsession is typing. He hunts and pecks, but does an impressive job of using capital and lowercase letters and having reasoning behind it.
He deleted all of this (he works and then often deletes, I'm not sure why), but yesterday he told me he was going to write a story. He typed:
The Vegetable Garden in Space
By SpaceTHEO!
He asked me how to spell things. He had originally typed, "spacetheo" but then told me, "I think the S should be capital," and then he fixed it himself as above. He then explained, "I put 'Theo' in all big letters because when you read that part, you shout it. And then I put an exclamation point."
![]() |
| He deleted the SpaceTHEO one and started this. I took a picture before it got deleted as well |
![]() |
| For this one Theo transcribed a favorite book |
![]() |
| He typed this for a coworker of Jay's Kayley. She loves him. This is also the ONLY drawing of a person I've ever seen Theo do. |
![]() |
| We made 2 recipes of Amelia Bedelia's mud pie. I made mine and he made his and we took it to Sunday dinner. My chocolate chips were a bit more evenly spaced. |
![]() |
| Theo kept filling up the shapes with water from the fountain and then complaining that they were empty again. I caught the dog drinking out of them! I didn't tell Theo who the water thief was |
![]() |
| Theo is always asking me to take photos of things with my phone. Most are nonsensical but some are really great. |
![]() |
| Little Foot loves licking the fountain |
![]() |
| Jay made me eggs with riccota cheese and bacon and lots of toast and also pancakes with craisins. It was a good Mother's Day |
Written like a month ago:
Our family was at a friend's home for Friday night ice cream. Their daughter Amy, who is Theo's age, had a sign on her door that declared, "No Boys!" but for the night, she had turned the sign around to a drawing of a pig family so that Theo would know he was welcome to play.
After awhile of the kids playing by themselves, Theo ran up to me and excitedly told me that when he got home, he wanted to put a sign on his door that says "Yes Girls!"
I think it's fantastic that he hears about a "No Boys!" sign and wants to make one to welcome girls in his room.
Church Plans
Today before church I was preparing things for my primary class. Theo said he wanted to write a book about Mars, and then changed his mind to writing a book about all the planets. I told him that maybe we could work on it during Sacrament meeting quietly, but I was busy then. Could he gather up everything he needed and put it into the church bag? Jay helped him find the planet books that Tache sent so that he would have them to base his book off. He got a piece of paper and I told him where the crayons and markers were. I didn't check to see if he actually put them in the bag.
At church we worked on his book together together. The only bad part was that he really wanted to sit next to Rachel because he likes her so much, and yet he still didn't want to share his 7 planet books with her (there's 1 for each of the 8 planets except Earth). There were some very upset 3-year-olds and parents threatening that they couldn't sit together unless they shared. We worked it out.
Then Rachel said she was hungry. Her mom, Zinah, said, "You don't need snacks." While Theo offered to get her veggie straws. I told Theo that I hadn't packed snacks.
Theo responded, "I packed snacks."
And he had.
I was amazed that he had the forethought to bring some. While sharing his books is very hard, he seemed totally happy to be sharing the snack with Rachel.
I think it's fantastic that he hears about a "No Boys!" sign and wants to make one to welcome girls in his room.
Church Plans
Today before church I was preparing things for my primary class. Theo said he wanted to write a book about Mars, and then changed his mind to writing a book about all the planets. I told him that maybe we could work on it during Sacrament meeting quietly, but I was busy then. Could he gather up everything he needed and put it into the church bag? Jay helped him find the planet books that Tache sent so that he would have them to base his book off. He got a piece of paper and I told him where the crayons and markers were. I didn't check to see if he actually put them in the bag.
At church we worked on his book together together. The only bad part was that he really wanted to sit next to Rachel because he likes her so much, and yet he still didn't want to share his 7 planet books with her (there's 1 for each of the 8 planets except Earth). There were some very upset 3-year-olds and parents threatening that they couldn't sit together unless they shared. We worked it out.
Then Rachel said she was hungry. Her mom, Zinah, said, "You don't need snacks." While Theo offered to get her veggie straws. I told Theo that I hadn't packed snacks.
Theo responded, "I packed snacks."
And he had.
I was amazed that he had the forethought to bring some. While sharing his books is very hard, he seemed totally happy to be sharing the snack with Rachel.









No comments:
Post a Comment