Thursday, October 31, 2019

Scooby Doo Gang Halloween

This year Theo picked our costumes. I don't know if I'll regret that we didn't dress the bump up this year -- and quite a bump I have. Hopefully no one felt awkward about a Daphne, who's supposed to be 16, being pregnant. But when your 3-year-old requests that you are Daphne, you be Daphne!



Little Foot -- Scooby Doo
Jay -- Shaggy
Theo -- Fred
Julie -- Daphne (he told me Daphne rather than Velma because I have long hair)
At one point he told me that he needed one of his sisters to come out to be Velma to complete the gang, but we explained that they won't be ready to be born until January.


We went to 2 church trunk or treats and then our street. Theo has a ridiculous amount of candy.
There was 1 house in our neighborhood that had the entire garage decorated with skeletons and a projection of cat eyes and a bubbling couldron and scary clown and. . .
It was handing out full size candy bars. They told us at 7:15 we were only the second to visit. They gave Theo like 8 full size candy bars. Theo had trouble carrying his bag.
I think trick or treating with a very small child in a non popular neighborhood backfires because everyone is like, "No one is coming. Have large handfuls!"
Mostly I was glad that we got to meet some more of our neighbors.

Theo's huge Halloween haul this year.





After 1 of the 2 library storytimes we went to. Theo brought a fake dog to be Scooby







Doing our VR walk the plank. Theo wasn't as afraid as I was or the other adults. . . but he was peeking out.
I literally shook during part of it.



Amazing dragon

Another amazing dragon

Rey is brave


Rachel walked the plank and announced, "I don't know why everyone thinks this is so hard!"


She was Daniel Tiger's mom. See the ears that fit so well with the VR headset?









We had some good friends over for Halloween the week before. When Josie came to the door, I told her that I loved her costume. Theo added, one upping me, "And I love you!" and gave her a hug.

Non- Halloween related stuff:

Tonight we were reading a book where the characters were told to make art about whatever they were thinking about. I asked Theo what he would do. He said that he was thinking about his family. He would draw a picture of us -- no 4 copies -- of me, Daddy, Little Foot, and him. Then he would hang 1 down low so that Little Foot could see it and hang the other 3 high so the rest of us could see them.
He's so cute.

We just had our yearly primary program at church where the kids, ages 3-12, put on a program with songs and short speaking parts. It's always both cute and hilarious. Theo did a good job, remembering his part about Jesus.
"He asked his disciples to meet him on a mountain. He told them what they should do after He went to heaven."
Rachel also did a good job, although I hear (I couldn't see as I'm a primary teacher and was sitting up front with the kids helping to direct things) that she became a bit overwhelmed and hid her face during the songs. That's too bad since she's SUCH a good singer.

After the program during our regular class time my co-teacher who has lived in the holy land brought pitas and hummus and fruit, nuts, olives, and falafala (?), and baklava for our class to try. She also served grape juice. After everything she asked the kids what they liked. One girl liked everything (she's now my favorite. Just kidding. I don't have favorites). Many liked the pitas. A few kids weren't too excited about trying anything but gave top ratings . . . to the grape juice. We also wore some traditional clothes -- skull caps for the boys and head scarves for the girls. We took off our shoes and sat on the floor -- except me. In the past week sitting on the floor is getting harder. I got a free pass because I was pregnant. She also had an electric candelabra to decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment