Wednesday, April 8, 2020

The Oven ATE My Pizza

We have a very elderly oven that came with our home. I was making pizza while Jay and Theo were walking. Every evening after Jay gets off of work (from home) he goes on a walk and gives Theo an opportunity to "walk Daddy home." It helps Theo know when Daddy is working and when he is home for the night.

Anyway, pizza went in the oven and later the timer went off and I discovered that the hinge on the right side was NOT opening. I couldn't get it more than 4 or 5 inches open.
My oven wouldn't open any wider than this!

Door removed, pizza saved
 Finally I removed the entire door. I wish Jay had been around to help, but I pretended to be a strong, independent woman. Also, I moved the mat and put on tennis shoes to help me not trip or drop a heavy, hot oven door on my toes.

I opened windows since the house was now being heat by a literal oven. Luckily our microwave is also a convection oven, so later we used it to bake the second pizza. Theo really wanted to "decorate" it himself and I let him. He went a bit crazy with the toppings. He did half red sauce, half Ranch dressing. Then he put on so much cheese. After that he put tons of green onions that he picked from his garden. He also used kitchen shears to cut them up. Then he topped it with 2 baby carrots and a heap of pepperoni that he said was making the other toppings "secret" because they were hiding.

Below are pictures from when we dressed up on Sunday. We watched a church broadcast at home. We also participated in the Hosanna Shout. This is usually done at temple dedications, but here we had people all over the world doing it in their homes.
The President of the church has called for a worldwide fast on Good Friday to pray for healing from the pandemic Covid-19









1 comment: