Wednesday, August 18, 2021

First Day of Kindergarten

Theo started school this week! The first day of kindergarten was very exciting for all of us. I hope that he will love school and listen and learn so many things and make friends. I'm sad that he is growing up and away from me. Also,  I'm a bit excited to spend extra time just me and the girls. 

I really hate that on top of these normal emotions I'm still worried about my three kids who aren't vaccinated against covid-19. I keep remembering when Theo brought home a cough from preschool and gave it to the girls and they were hospitalized in the PICU with RSV. I tell Theo, "Go make friends! Uhhh, but don't touch them." 

Today was his third day of school. He told me, "I wish they'd give a math test so I can show how much I know. Instead we have to do. . ." he made a face and uttered the next word with distaste, ". . . assignments."

I guess coloring and cutting assignments aren't what he was expecting out of school. He has been excited about the Spanish he learned and hopefully he can get more challenging material soon. He still needs to learn the class procedures.

Watching a water fight in the backyard

The girls were super excited to see Theo and Daddy play

In a heap. Wendy is in the grey with the pink and Miri is in the green and white dress

We put these in a page protector and sent them in Theo's backpack for his first day of school. I told him he could pick any photos he wanted. Then I said, "Why don't we crop this one because half of it is woodchips? Why don't we crop this one so you can see the girls closer?" 
He thought I had bad ideas.

Theo in front of his new school

We wear masks to school this year. I wish everyone did, but Theo does a good job wearing his.




On Back to School Night I saw this LIVE bee among all the bumblebee pictures. At first I doubted it was real until I saw a leg move. We went into the classroom to excitedly tell his teacher about it. She seemed afraid and didn't go see it. I thought where she'd decorated her entire classroom with bees that she liked them. Whoops.




They love the ring toys that Gabi and Tache got Theo his second Christmas

Making fudge.
He read about making candy in his science encyclopedia and we tried toffee and fudge. The fudge turned out better. It disappeared quickly.

I think his expression was because I told him that it needed to harden in the fridge before eating.

Wendy will bring me a bottle of lotion and then extend a foot, expecting a massage. She also will stick out a foot if she ever sees me touch a lotion bottle. Then Miri often sees it and hurries over and puts her feet in too. Once Theo also joined in, but I don't think he liked it and didn't do it again.

Can you spy Theo? Hugs for Daddy

Wendy threw pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals into Miri's crib, overturned her tent, and then went to sleep on the windowsill. Miri slept through it.
Wendy is free range since she learned to escape her crib. She supposed to sleep in the tent. Normally she gets a pillow and puts it against the door and sleeps on it, barricading the room. One night Miri was teething and kept waking up and crying and I went in 3 times. Each time I had to wake up Wendy since she was blocking the door from opening. The first 2 times she wanted to be held like Miri, but the third time she looked very grouchy like, "Hey, I'm sleeping here! Why do you keep waking me up?"


The tongue as he enjoys ear rubs!

Julie and Miri

Wendy and Miri

Miri has the pink wings and Wendy the purple


Wendy leaning way over to access the dirt in the garden cart

Miri and Wendy splashing

I dressed the girls in frogs on my birthday. No good photos were taken.

It's been awhile since they dozed off in the high chair. It's still funny.

I cut the feet out of these pajamas and put them on backward. Wendy somehow got the snap undone and then somehow got them off. 

Miri and chip containers



Wendy wanted an apron but then immediately wanted it off. 
She really liked putting clothes on and then taking them off. That's what's fun about clothes.
Miri, on the other hand, will find her favorites and enjoy wearing them. Her favorite is a certain owl shirt, probably because she likes owls just like her Aunt Nat :)

Wendy and Miri
We dressed them like Mei from Totoro. Miri looks so much like Mei and has some similar facial expressions and reactions.

Wendy and Miri
Thanks Uncle Andy for the tattoo sleeve onesies. They are so funny

I couldn't get them to sit until I gave them books.

This could be a rock album.
Really, Wendy was mad that Miri was pulling on the book.


 
We dug into this cake before I took a picture.
Jay made me a pumpkin birthday cake with frogs on it! It had a white chocolate glaze. The girls really liked getting individual frogs.
Thanks, Jay :)


1 comment: