For Jay's birthday I taught the kids a Daddy song to sing for him. It was very cute that night when they performed for him.
Well they really like this song and the girls sing it a lot. In the last week they have been singing it while doing what my dad would call "rioting and reveling." What I mean is that one of them, usually Miriam, will belt, "Daddy I love you! Daddy I do--. Father in Heaven has sent me to you. . ." while the kids chase each other, trying to tickle each other and annoy each other. You can just tell everyone is going to get hurt and start crying any second now.
So awhile back we had a large extended family picnic at a park. My Uncle Jeff met the girls for the first time and told them that I was named Julie and that here is his wife named Julie too. Then he told them that his Julie had twin girls and I had twin girls too.
Later that day, Miriam suddenly started peppering every sentence with my first name.
"I like this play dough, Julie."
"Sit with me, Julie.
"Wendy is hurting my ears, Julie." (Yes, Wendy was crying.)
For the record, I thought it was really funny and was impressed that she understood at least part of what Uncle Jeff was telling her.
Weeks later she had possibly forgotten this, though, because I was telling her our names. She was okay with Miriam (our last name) and Wendy (our last name) and Theo (our last name), but said I'm not Julie (our last name), but Mommy (our last name). She has opinions.
One thing we are back to doing in person is church. I am also in the choir. One alto told me that I had a beautiful voice, but that it's hard to hear it much because I wear a mask. The director, Zinah, assured her that she had been in a community choir and all last year the entire choir wore masks both for practice and performances and it really is fine.
Practice began and I sang the warm ups really loudly. I think she learned that I really can be heard.
![]() |
| Wendy told me, "I see Theo loves Jenna." The kids love sitting by their cousins at church. Theo was showing off a book of optical illusions that Tache sent him. |
![]() |
| Food is better consumed outside, all the time. They dragged things over to serve as chairs and had their own picnic with muffins and grapes. |
![]() |
| Feeding each other edamame |
![]() |
| Theo is pretty crazy about Miriam |
![]() |
| He is not great at smiling when you tell him to |
![]() |
| Wendy has braids and Miri has her hair down. Wendy loves braids |
![]() |
| Up on Mount Lemmon we found these lean to things someone built. They were cool, but the girls started touching them so we made them leave them. I didn't want them to knock them over on themselves. |
![]() |
| Miriam loves Daddy |
![]() |
| When you can hear the girls but can't see them, check the best hiding spot. |
![]() |
| Miri wanted 3 ponytail holders. This didn't last long. And, yes, her hair is getting curlier. |
![]() |
| Wendy and Miriam on the new teeter totter at Grandma and Granddad's house |
![]() |
| Happy Birthday, Jay!!! |
![]() |
| The kids also helped with the sprinkles. Made with love. |
![]() |
| I wish I were this cool |
![]() |
| This was the first time I ever took them shopping with me and we found this cool cart. It was so cool Wendy cried inconsolably when we had to leave it. |
I stopped myself from replying, "Me too."
![]() |
| This was from when Wendy was sick. I explained what a humidifier was and later found Wendy like this, getting the ultimate does of humidity. |
![]() |
| The girls love paining on the brick out back with plain water |
![]() |
| Enjoying a snack on Mount Lemmon |
![]() |
| Wendy found this ice cube tray and immediately asked for animal crackers. She put each in a chair, she said. I love her creativity! |
![]() |
| Jay put in this shelf for all the appliances. |
![]() |
| He also installed pan hooks |
![]() |
| This is how I make sure Theo can see his new library books that I get while he's a school |
![]() |
| The got the chalk eggs wet and then used them. Miri giggled a lot when Wendy chalked her back. |
![]() |
| pre church selfie |
Written Sept. 13
Wendy woke up at 10 p.m. crying, sneezing, and congested. I gave her Tylenol and set up a humidifier and put her back to bed.
She was still whimpering and I told her that I would stay with her if she needed me.
Miri was not happy about all the interruptions to her sleep. As I searched her closet for the humidifier and then set it up, Miriam kept ordering, "Leave! Close the door!"
As I put Wendy back in her bed, and sat with her, Miri continued to ask me to leave.
After about 5 minutes of sitting, I asked Wendy if she wanted me to leave. When she didn't answer, Miri started yelling, "Wendy! Say yes! Wendy! Say yes!"
I eventually left with Wendy. Miriam was not happy about that either. She yelled, "Mom, I need Wendy!" a lot until Jay got her.
The girls were very very hard to get back to sleep after that. But I think they are finally asleep in their beds.
And really, Miriam was hilarious, you know in a tragic, Wendy is sick and Mom is tired but it's still funny kind of way. Eventually Wendy started acting happier. The medicine and humidifier were helping.
Written Sept. 12
The kids got into my bed and asked me to read to them. We had 1 library picture book that we hadn't made it through, so I decided to try that. Wendy disappeared out my door and came back just a minute later, announcing, "I got Walrus in the Bathtub!" while holding up a pink picture book we had read many times before. Her siblings cheered. And so we read that instead and I turned the other book into the library without ever reading it once.
I love the library.
Written July 7
One day Miriam accidentally hurt Wendy. Wendy had a bump and I got her an ice pack and a Popsicle.
Miriam wanted one too, but I explained we had already had Popsicles today and Wendy was getting an extra because she was hurt.
Wendy was still crying a lot, but after a few minutes and she calmed, and then immediately offered her Popsicle to her twin, saying, "Mee-um lick." They shared the Popsicle happily and then went back to playing. They are so sweet to each other.













































No comments:
Post a Comment