Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween 2022

 This year we went as Pokemon. Theo was Incineroar, Miri was Charmander, and Wendy was Chimchar. Jay was Brock and I was Nurse Joy (who Brock has a crush on. It's been forever since we've had a couple-ee costume and I was excited to do that again.)

We went to a ward Halloween party and it was nice. The kids trunk or treated and we ate hot dogs and chili and it was good to have an outside ward party.

For Halloween itself we went to a neighborhood about 20 minutes away that does good Halloween stuff. Ours doesn't. It was fun and when Jay remembered, he left candy in the bowls that were handing out candy to try to repay our visit to another neighborhood. It was nice to have Theo in bright red, easy to see with his cousins, and Jay and I switched off which girl's hand we held, so we stayed together. We also got to meet Lisa and her kids and also Joey and Emerson who had fun costumes too. One of the best houses had a bunch of skeletons in real wheel chairs. Another house had a spook house walkthrough thing and then cotton candy.

Another thing we did is we went to the Marana Pumpkin Patch. Wendy is into horses and Miri is really into pigs, so that was fun.

Theo loved the rides. The girls were too small, but Jay took him on rides while I took the girls to the petting zoo and we got seats to watch the pig races. Then later Jay took the girls back to the playground and I took Theo on the 3 rides again. I was afraid I'd get sick on the swings that spin around (2 of the rides) but I didn't. Then I felt kind of sick on the corn ride that reminded me of a back and forth pirate ship ride from other parks. Oh well. Jay says he thinks because the ship thing is smaller, it is more likely to make you sick than a big one.

Then Miri screamed the entire hour home. So yeah, kids.
(Published later and manually changed to Oct. 31)

Corn maze


Wendy is in the purple hat

Such a cheeser Miri

Wendy loves pigs

Riding the train

We spent the car ride there talking about all the fun things to do, and the girls agreed the playground would be the most fun. I think they spent an hour there.





I was too busy helping, but we also went on a giant slide together. Wendy was scared. She was not afraid of the tractor cars she could drive herself. She was pedal to the metal while Jay or I ran along beside her and helped steer






Jay did the hoodies all by himself and they look great. Theo also wanted pants





5 little pumpkins
Miri's, Jay's, Wendy's, Theo's, Julie's

His cute tail.
Also, thank you Gabi for the beautiful blankets!






She dressed herself. And, yes the top is actually a dress Betty made

Jay painting toenails



No comments:

Post a Comment