We had a nice Christmas at home. Theo was coughing a little, so we stayed away from others -- he coughed a lot for 3 days before Christmas, so it was great that he got better for the day of.
We got some wonderful presents from family and for each other and we liked spending time together. I did not get a lot of photos.
 |
Their Great Grandma V. sent money and the girls bought new scooters and Theo bought a Lego set. Then they went to the thrift store and Wendy bought this really nice Schwinn trike with leftover money and now no one cares about the scooters. Miri is hitching a ride. I guess Jay told her that she was too little to ride it, so they weren't getting it. So Wendy spent 10 minutes in the store working until she could pedal it and now she's pedaling and steering all around the yard. |
 |
| The stroller and baby doll are from Gabi and Tache. The dress and matching doll dress was made by Betty. Miri has a matching dress and doll dress too, but she was not in the mood for pictures. |
 |
| Wendy took off her new footie pajamas so that she could wear one of Theo's new shirts. |
 |
| Miri wearing hair bows that came with her dolly from Gabi and Tache. |
 |
Theo has footie pajamas that fit! We had to order some online and he's so grateful. |
 |
Before Theo had the cold, the entire family had a stomach virus. It was not fun. We were still feeling afraid of food on Christmas Eve and so made unfrosted ginger cookies for Santa. They were good. We made candy canes and gingerbread men. |
 |
| Theo's model car, a Viper, Uncle Andy said. Jay got it for him for his birthday and picked it because it's blue and pretty |
 |
| All glammed out with the necklace and crown from Great Grandma M. |
 |
| Photo at Great Grandma's party. Miri wouldn't even get in the picture and Wendy wouldn't look at Jay. But we had a very nice time at her party |
 |
| Miri wearing my boots |
 |
| You can kind of see Theo's bright green mask. He was very excited to sing songs with his grade at school. Covid levels were high but it meant a lot to him and I attended with him. |
 |
| Playing the matching game. The girls are starting to understand how it works. Theo will be so happy when his sisters can play board games with him. |
At the girls' their well child checkups, the doctor asked the girls what green vegetables they like to eat. Miri said, "Cucumbers!"
Wendy then declared, "Dip!"
You can't eat cucumbers without Ranch. They are actually pretty good at eating green veggies.
Theo's last day of school before winter break, Jay declared it, the girls' very first sleepover. They all made up beds in the living room. Jay slept out there with them and everyone enjoyed a movies and then went to sleep and it was fun. . . UNTIL ***Don't read below if you don't want to hear about people being sick****
Theo woke up with a stomach virus. Jay got me and I cleaned up Theo and helped him in the bathroom while Jay cleaned up the bedding. Luckily the girls weren't hit and they stayed asleep. Theo told me how much he hated sleepovers and he hated trail mix and . . .
Stomach viruses are hard.
That was a Friday night. On Sunday morning the girls got it too. First it was Wendy, and then hours later Miri got it. After cleaning Miri up, I helped her use a throw up bucket. I told her, "You got it all in the bucket! That was awesome!"
Miri looked at me grimly and stated, "That was horrible!"
I can't argue with that.
Every time one girl threw up, the other would quickly hand her sister some tissues to wipe her mouth. They were very helpful.
Jay had it Tuesday and then Thursday I had it. Jay got up with the kids and watched them until my mom picked them up from 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and took care of them. Then he took some time off work to put the girls down for naps and then he went back to work. He also had meetings from 8:30 a.m. to noon to make up for all the meetings he missed from being out sick. Then he took off work early and took care of the kids the rest of the day after nap too. Theo wrote me a get well soon card (on his own when the girls were asleep and Jay was busy working). The only time I did something for the kids was I heard Theo coughing and I went out and gave him allergy medicine. The rest of the day I just tried to get better and was really sick.
The next day I was feeling quite a bit better, but eating was still a scary thing. I managed it. Theo was definitely sick with a cold, which is really unfair considering we hadn't been anywhere for a week because we were all sick.
Saturday Theo wore a mask around the girls and mostly stayed in his room. Sunday he was doing much better and we had Christmas! That was great.
And then on Monday the girls started coughing and they've been sick with that ever since. Theo goes back to school in 2 days. I don't like the being sick part of parenting.
Miriam has an ear infection right now and coughing is disruptive but their breathing is fine and they are playing and having fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment