Sunday, December 4, 2022

The Girls' 3rd Birthday

 We had a small but fun birthday celebration for the girls' 3rd birthday.

I'm so glad to have these girls for 3 whole years! They are fun and also get into lots of things. They speak well and climb well and are learning a lot every day.

Stories:

"Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!" Wendy called from the other end of the house.

I heard Jay ask, "Can I help you with something?"

Wendy cried, "Mom! Mom! Mom!" louder and faster.

I came to her and asked, "What?"

"Can you turn on my light?"

Apparently Wendy doesn't know Dad can turn on a light too.

Jay told me later the same night Theo says he was feeling left out. Jay offered to play a game with him. Theo said, no I want Mom to play with me.

Poor Jay 

Yesterday my girls got doll things. At home they were tucking their dolls into new beds and carrying them around.

I said hello and Miri told me, "Don't talk to the babies! They are sick. We are at the doctor."

Then Wendy said to her doll, "Here. You need a Covid." and pretended to give her a shot. I guess they remember getting covid shots.

I should have put this on Theo's birthday post, but I wrote it a bit ago: Theo got several building sets for his birthday and built and built.

And then today he showed my that he also took a bunch of his toys to pieces, using the screw drivers he got. 

Wendy was sad in the night and I eventually let her come to my bed. After she fell asleep I carried her back to her own bed.

The next morning I saw the brown teddy bear that Wendy adores, still in my bed.

I pointed it out to her and asked, "What do you think your teddy bear is doing there?"

Wendy answered, "Snuggling!"

About a month ago, Theo was very upset at bedtime snack because I insisted he eat his blueberries at the table and not have a library book with him.

Later I talked to him and he told me that he hates to be interrupted while reading and that he never gets to just read for a long time. 

How would I feel if I was trying to read and people kept making me eat dinner or watch a video with the family or other things, or go to school?!?! 

I tried to keep a straight face when I told him I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be interrupted all the time.

I told him that maybe after we die we could be ghosts together and just read without needing to stop to eat or sleep or anything.


Me: We're going to exercise! Stretch your arms up high!

Miri: Mommy, I can't! I'm too small to stretch up high!!!

I lifted her up so she could stretch up high too.

This was at their birthday party the day after their actual birthday. 
Miri wanted a bounce house like at Theo's party and she wanted Grandma and Granddad to attend. 
With the high covid numbers, we had the party with just my parents and my family and we did it outside. Even though it unexpectedly rained, it was still warm enough to enjoy a party. 
Jay got Miraculous Ladybug and Cat Noir blankets to decorate my parent's trampoline to make a fun bounce house for their party. We rented a bounce house for Theo.

Wendy has been really into matching outfits lately, especially with both the shirt and pants the same color. She slept in this one, along with the matching hat. Here she is at breakfast. She ate her cereal and then she ate her brother's cereal too -- he said he wasn't hungry.

Reading a bedtime story to her dolly. The book has twinkle twinkle, Baa baa black sheep, and I think Mary Had a Little Lamb. Miri knows them all so she can read to her dolly all by herself.

My mom got them dolls last year and this year she got them these beds that came with books and she also got them bottles. Wendy especially loves playing with hers.

The girls switched off which mask they wore. Miri is here in the Cat Noir mask and Wendy is in the Ladybug mask


Happy birthday, Wendy, with the rainbow cake

Miri had a red cake, which in this case was a red velvet cake


And here Miri was in a Ladybug mask

Wendy in a ladybug mask





We got boxing gloves for the girls













No comments:

Post a Comment