Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Dolls and Fun

Wendy told me around noon yesterday, "One time I had a bad dream that I ate lots of doughnuts and my tummy got sick." 
Miri jumped in to say, "You should not eat lots of doughnuts. You should eat 1. 1 doughnut makes your body feel good." 
 That's great wisdom from a 3-year-old! 

 The girls love their dolls. They were gifted 3 each at different times. Miri wanted to pick out a name and I said I could suggest some names. What letter do you want it to start with? 
"A!" said Miriam. 
So I read several from a list. At Audrey, Miri said, "Yes! A-drey!" 
"It's pronounced Audrey." 
"A-drey!" 
Okay. 
Then Wendy wanted to name a doll. What letter would this name start with? 
"B," Wendy told me. 
I read several names and when I got to Beatrice, Wendy said, "That's the name!" 
Then they wanted to name a third doll, starting with the letter C. Catching on, I asked if the doll should be named Cece and they agreed. Adrey and Beatrice are the favorites. Today we were looking for Beatrice and Miri found both blond dolls. She said with wonder, "There are 2 Adreys!" I found one brunette doll and gave it to Wendy and she retorted, "This is NOT Beatrice!" 
"Then who is this?" 
"This is Dolly." 
I found the other, identical brunette who was wearing a different dress. Wendy happily shouted, "Beatrice!!!" and ran to her. It was like some movie scene where people are reunited at an airport. 

 I took the girls to the grocery store. When unloading the car, they were eager to help. 
Wendy called, "I want to carry in the chips!" 
Miri called, "I want to carry in the cookies." 
As I handed the chips to Wendy, I told Miri, "Sorry, we didn't buy cookies." 
Miri shouted, "Oh no! We forgot to buy cookies." 
"They weren't on the list. We weren't planning to buy cookies." 
Miri yelled, "Mom! We need to go back to the store and buy cookies!" 
I think she thinks that I can be convinced by sheer intensity. 

 I was helping Wendy brush her teeth when I overheard a conversation. Theo asked, "Can you get me a muffin?" Miri answered excitedly, "Yes!" and I heard her feet run to the kitchen and back to Theo's room. 
Then Theo said with disgust, "What?! Who took a bite out of this muffin?" 
Miriam, with innocent joy, earnestly said, "It was me! I took a bite!" 

We have a family tree with pictures of cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and other relatives on it. I found the girls pointing to everyone who wasn't in our immediate family and calling them either, "Lisa" or "Jonah."
I guess we know who the favorite relatives are.

Theo is still a fun, thoughtful, smart boy. He's not as funny as the girls so I feel like I talk about him less on the blog. He just finished reading The Mouse and the Motorcycle series and has so many books from the library. He doesn't like to go with me to the library -- he just likes to have the books and request ones. I got him Sideways Arithmetic From Wayside School and instead of solving them himself, he wants to have me solve them while he laughs and I struggle.
The kids have been having fun doing boxing (hitting pillows or training mitts, but not each other.) Theo loves showing off for the girls.

Jay usually works from home, but had to go in for something. We had left the house and when we got back the girls ran to look for Daddy and said, "I miss Daddy!"
We're so lucky Jay can work from home so much of the time.

A Cozy Coupe at a friend's house

Wendy loves wheels

Look! I'm upside down!
The glasses actually make everything look like it's upside down, part of the Upside Down Challenge Game

Wendy napping on the mat way too late in the day. She woke with marks on her face

"I'm a doctor!"

Miri outgrew all her pants, but when we pull out bigger pants, Wendy wants to wear them all because "New clothes!!!" So Wendy is wearing very long pants. It's hard to be a twin.

We were playing hide and go seek.
Can you find Miri? She was also giggling loudly.

The girls love their training chopsticks

So much love for this Peek A Who matching game. The girls first really learned to play this game, but have learned how to play other games too.



No comments:

Post a Comment