Sunday, April 30, 2023

Easter Stuff

 April 11 When I read Theo's spelling list to him, I often say a sentence to go with the word. The girls have started getting into this practice too. I'm always pretty impressed.

Today Miri was offering sentences.
recover -- "Like, you have to cover something." I said, "Recover, Theo."
mountain -- "You go up the mountain."
speak -- "You have to speak."
past -- "You passed by something." Then I interrupted, "No, Theo, yesterday is in the past."

April 19
Wendy was handling Theo's spelling sentences.
Few -- We need a few more cards 
Changing -- Mommy is changing my diaper
Die -- Little Foot died.
Ummm. Yes, but that was a bit surprising that you said it.
Please -- Can you please give me that?

I accidentally bought grapes with seeds in them. Theo asked if he could eat the seeds. I said he could or he could spit them out.
One minute later he said in frustration, "These are so BAD! Why do they even sell these? Who would buy them?!"


Crafts are important


Wendy is making her spaceship


Talented Clara



Erik is a nice cousin



Easter egg hunt with cousins!






Miri

Wendy and Daddy













Wendy takes pride in her art




At a park gathering the yellow things to make a nest

Zinah got us this plant when our dog died. Now it's flowering again because Jay takes care of it.

Theo made rainbow pancakes with kind of an extreme amount of food coloring. They were pretty neat.

Poor Dogoo

So often at dinner Wendy is right here helping while Miri likes to watch a show.

Wow, I have a lot of photos of Wendy. This was at the zoo.

I didn't get close to Miri because I was making sure Wendy didn't fall from her chosen animal



Rock candy. It didn't work. Actually, I told Theo I didn't think it would and Theo begged and I said he needed to be in charge. All I did is help with the boiling part. He set up the jars and put the wax paper and chopsticks in it. I am proud of him. And you never know unless you try, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment