We loved having Sarah's family here to visit us! It was so great to see her and Bob (on his birthday, too!) and get to know her fun kids a bit better. And my kids got to see their cousins, which is great because cousins are great.
I write myself little emails recording things I want to eventually post to the blog. Also, I'm back dating this post. I'm writing it July 3, but will date it April 1 March 31 as a way of organizing photos by month:
Feb. 12 Today was the first day I've made a chore chart.
Before this, I just asked the kids to help with things. The girls and sometimes Theo like to help so much, I was afraid that assigning chores would make it less fun.
I'm sure it will make it less fun eventually, but when I explained it to them, Theo immediately asked if he could draw boxes to check off the chores every day. And everyone was excited to do their chores and Theo had to tell the girls to stop trying to set the table; it was his week to do that.
Mar. 17 One morning the girl were waking up and Miri asked, "Mom, did you sleep last night?"
"Yes, " I said, "I slept a lot but I did wake up in the middle of the night for awhile. That was annoying. I usually sleep well. "
Wendy asked, "Mom, did you cry in the night?!"
"No, I didn't cry. I can take care of myself."
Miriam asked, "Mom, did you need a hug?"
"You gave me such a good hug before you went to bed. I didn't need a hug. I got myself a better blanket, though. Then I went back to sleep. "
My girls are so sweet and concerned.
One night Jay went to bed right after dinner.
The girls have been really hard to put to bed recently, but I was doing bedtime and they seemed just fine. Then Miri left the room and came back a moment later, almost in tears.
"I wanted to give Daddy a hug, but I can't find him!"
Then Wendy suggested they give Theo a hug. I said it was okay with me, if he was okay with it.
Theo didn't seem super enthusiastic about it -- he was on a video chat with his cousins -- but agreed. Then they asked for kisses and special snuggles from him, which he allowed.
And then the girls went to bed happily. After the last 10 days of so much screaming at bedtime, they were fine last night. I was amazed.
 |
| Sarah and me |
 |
| The girls wanted to clean my shower. I mean, it needed doing, but they asked to do it instead of watching a movie on a Friday night. That's so funny to me. |
 |
| I throw half eaten bananas into a big Ziplock in my freezer and then eventually make them into something lovely |
 |
| Wendy has Beatrice and Miri has Dogoo |
 |
| Hanging out with Great Grandpa, my dad's dad |
 |
Bob, Sarah, Grandpa, Miri Sam, Ira, Wendy |
 |
| Sam was hiding |
 |
| See the toe prints in the flour? Theo loves baking |
 |
| Wendy asleep on Beatrice on the floor |
 |
| Dogoo and Beatrice in their sweaters |
 |
| They love each other |
 |
| This might be the last time I made them fit in a baby swing together |
 |
| This photo is at least a year old of when we did the twin swing all the time |
 |
| Wendy |
 |
| Miri loves chocolate pie |
 |
| Pi day |
 |
| Wendy and Miri having fun in their favorite cart ever |
No comments:
Post a Comment