Friday, June 30, 2023

Theo and his Day Camps

In June we kicked off summer with day camps for Theo. He went to a Mario themed emotional camp that his pediatrician's office put together. They went over lots of good topics and played fun games. I didn't get photos. The girls so wanted to go too. Theo wished they could have gone.

June 4

Today Wendy's cracker crumbled at the kitchen table. She declared, "This needs to be cleaned up!"

I told her that she could clean it.
A few minutes later she came into the kitchen with a little hand held vacuum, noise reducing ear muffs, and a determined look.
I turned away so she couldn't see me grin at how adorable she is.

A few days ago we were discussing how the girls are twins, and that's rare. Theo wasn't born as a twin. Daddy doesn't have a twin. Mommy doesn't have a twin."
Wendy interrupted, "Yes, you do, Mom!"
"No, I don't have a twin."
"Mom, you have us! We're your twins!"
I stand corrected.

June 11
After I hugged her and tucked her in, Miri told me, "Mommy, I have one hug left and it's for Daddy."
I don't know where she got such a cute line, but she can always convince Daddy to come in for another hug.
His Lego camp was cancelled due to low enrollment, so we held one at home. In other news, he had a stomach virus on what would have been the first day of that camp, so I guess it worked out.
Playing with Rachel and Jenna. They grabbed the toy broom and mop and were cleaning everything.



With Uncle Will



Miri painted with her fingers, happily applying it everywhere and enjoying every minute.
Wendy carefully used a paint brush and cried when the paint didn't do exactly what she wanted, and then asked for a new picture to paint.
They have very different approaches.


Wendy eating corn on the cob in overalls is pretty stinking cute

Miri is pretty cute too










Wendy ventured much farther up the rocks than the other kids.



Miri told me she would never leave the cart. I was annoyed because she really can dig her heels in when she wants to. But then I realized that Theo was sick and then Wendy was sick and we had done a lot of staying home for a few days and she just didn't want to go home again. Poor Miri was bored.

We got the windows in our car tinted. The man doing it gave us a ride to the nearby park and then picked us up when he was finished. The girls loved playing instead of waiting at a car place.




For sibling Lego camp we each had to build a house for a stuffy. 
Wendy liked her bunny.
I think you can see Miri's in the background. She tried to make hers look like an elephant with a trunk. I think she got fed up with it not looking like she wanted and destroyed it before I took a picture, but I just realized it's in this one.




We borrowed Lisa's kids for one day of Lego camp. Here we were building boats and seeing how many rocks would float in each.



Daniel Mark had aa nice bridge. Theo and Wendy's were not as detailed (the little tiny ones on either side of Daniel's)
I think the other one in the foreground is mine. 

Kaiaina's rainbow bridge



Erik had a nice looking bridge too.









Kitchen Kids Camp!
Theo had an excellent time at this camp. Here is just what he took home from 1 day: taco rolls, breakfast enchiladas, tacos, pizza dough crust, and a fresh tomato he picked from the teacher's garden.
Unfortunately for me, I stopped eating dairy the week before. While my stomach feels better, I couldn't eat almost anything from his camp.

Bird nests made from the family cook book. Someone forgot to tell me to buy jelly beans to put in them.

The twins hangin'


I'm pretty proud of Wendy's picture. She worked very hard on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment