Photos with Santa at my family Christmas party.
![]() |
| Miriam |
![]() |
| Still Miriam |
![]() |
| "Do you want to wear your fuzzy boots?" "Yeah!" "Uhh, those are your unicorn slippers." "I know!" "Sounds great. Let's go." |
![]() |
| New bed for the girls |
![]() |
| Very cute, tomato soup face |
![]() |
| A chest of dress up clothes from Gabi and Tache |
![]() |
| Jay couldn't guess what was in the package -- it turned out to be bubble wrapped glass bottles of hot sauce. He was excited. |
![]() |
| Do you spy the Santa coloring page? |
![]() |
| Christmas morning |
![]() |
| On Christmas Eve, Wendy decided that she needed to decorate the whole house with pictures of Santa. Theo lent her his new red marker and she got working. |
Christmas Eve I wore a mask and sneezed and sniffled and rested. We decided to keep the whole family home from church and we just had a low key day, but Wendy did all that coloring. Miri, who was the first to get sick (she was mostly sick Wednesday and Thursday and didn't seem too bad) took a nap with me. I told her she could because I wasn't worried about getting her sick.
The next day was Christmas and I was, again, sick, and took Tylenol a lot and wore a mask, but I was able to sit on the couch and enjoy watching my kids open gifts. Theo was excited that he had picked out gifts for us at his school store, so we were surprised. That was sweet. The night before I had also made soup in the instant pot. At dinner time I asked him and the girls to help set the table, and he said he was too busy making me a gift. I was too tired to insist and just set the table. The next day Theo gave me the gift he'd been working on: they were chore coupons, including one that said, "Set the table." I used several on Christmas.
Christmas was a Monday and by Wednesday I was feeling a lot better. Wendy started symptoms on Tuesday. Jay started on Wednesday. And then Friday we were having more coughing, and I took a COVID-19 test and it was positive. We were all tested and everyone but Theo was positive. We're okay.
One gift Jay got the girls were some easy reader books. The girls have been learning to sound out the words. Miriam is working hard and making progress on the books. She also loves to go to bed at night, though, and at bedtime will sometimes ask me to finish reading it because she's tired.
I think Miriam has really noticed that I'm sick and a few nights ago she asked to watch a movie and then wanted to be in my lap and then refused to move out of it the entire show. She wanted Mommy time and got it. Miriam loves her mom time. She asked for a monkey for Christmas and got a cute pink electronic one that she likes.
Wendy's Camera's photos





































No comments:
Post a Comment