Thursday, February 1, 2024

Sparklers, Jiu-Jitsu Training, and Wendy names Stuffed Animals

January was busy for Theo because he was training for his first Jiu-jitsu tournament. Jay told him he could compete, but along with regular class 5 days a week, he also trained in the mornings with Dad before school. Jay had him doing sprawls each day, as fast as Theo could for 3 minutes each so that when Theo had a 3 minute match, he would not get too tired in it. They also practiced things like take downs, arm bar escapes, and lots of other things that I don't really know.

The girls love their grandma

 Wendy loves to get new stuffed animals. Miri likes new stuffed animals, but nothing compares to Doggoo. Wendy has Camely and Giraffee, and then got a big tiger. Jay suggested a name that wasn't Tigery. She called it Cubby, then asked me for more suggestions. I got a list of pet name suggestions. She said she wanted to use the letter C again, and picked Cuddles. Then days later she decided she needed a new name, so I looked under baby names starting with C. I read and read and then she finally decided on Cecilia. 

All those shorter names, and she picked Cecelia. I'm glad her name is Gwendolyn. She likes a long name.

We've been playing an old video game that I vaguely remembered from my childhood of Aladdin. They loved it and then watched the movie. After that, a week since the tiger had been named Cecelia, Wendy declared that she was changing its name to Cubby Aladdin instead. She also really liked that the movie had camels in it and made sure to get Camely to watch with.

Written Jan. 15
For Christmas I asked for a set of kids safety knives, which my in laws gifted me. 

Tonight I cut up half the chicken out of the slow cooker, then served it for dinner. 
After, the other half of the chicken was cool and I showed Miriam how to cut up the chicken. She was so happy and she kept asking to eat it, and then to eat more. I told her she could. 
And there was the chicken from dinner, still on her plate. She seemed to think the stuff she cut herself was yummier. She then helped me freeze some for later. 

My in-laws also got us a cheese board shaped like Arizona and beautifully illustrated. It also has matching coasters. My girls like to use it as a hunt and find, trying to figure out where the coaster section fits with the big map. They think it's so fun and also they are learning a bit of geography too.
I heard loud counting and lots of giggles from the library. I found both girls were balancing craft sticks on their noses and counting to see how long they would stay on.
I love that they made up a silly game.
This is Wendy. Miri was not as well dressed.





They got 1 pair of roller skates from Jenna as Jenna had outgrown them. They shared.



We got a bunch of colored pencils off our Buy Nothing group and Wendy spent 3 hours that day coloring non stop. She has also been coloring a lot since then.

Girls with Daddy

"Hey Mom, that's your friend, that's you, and that's Jenna's Mommy!"


Pho


Outfits my mom got them for Christmas. And, yes, they ride pedal bikes with no training wheels. 

Not my kids' picture -- The park got new swings and some other cute kids wrote this note

Theo being trained.
Theo sometimes wants to climb on my back like this  with no warning and I get after him for pulling my hair.

Theo made an oil lamp in activity boys, like the the parable of the 10 virgins

We used the oil lamp to light our sparklers for New Years





No comments:

Post a Comment