We were waiting for Theo's bus and I read the girls The Night Before Christmas. They liked it, but asked where Rudolph was. I explained that this story was very old, and Rudolph wasn't born yet.
"Well I don't think Rudolph is even real!" Wendy said.
I told them, "Well I've never seen Rudolph, But I've heard a lot of stories about him."
"Why does Santa give us presents?" Miriam asked.
"Because he shows us how to love," I told her.
"Yeah, Santa means love, just like JESUS! But Jesus means even more love!!!" Wendy said.
This year for Christmas we stayed in Arizona and had a nice time. It was New Year's before we started getting sick. I mean, we were sick in earlier December too. But we were well for Christmas. Yay.
Theo's jiu-jitsu location closed down and we switched gyms. Theo's been happy with the new one, but he does miss his old, favorite professor, Junior. We could have stayed with him, but it would be a 40 minute drive.
Multi pizza (just like from the Ninja Turtles game)
"Mom, take my picture!" That stuffed animal came home with Theo from school the very day we got a message from him teacher to all the parents saying, "Some kids are bringing toys and stuffed animals to school. Can you please keep them at home?" Theo said a friend gave it to him.
Sometimes when you're waiting at the dentist, it becomes a photo op. Posing is fun. The kids were really bored.
Theo is in his school newspaper club that meets before school a few times a month. He is able to choose his own topics, as approved by a teacher, and he loves to write about science topics.
Our car was in the shop, so we rode our bikes to a church building and played with gliders and balls in the empty parking lot and climbed a tree.
It's a good thing the girls got headlamps for their birthday so that they could look for their cars under the couch.
Theo got this cool light box for tracing. He loves it, but Wendy really does too. Thanks, Joey!
Theo made us berry parfaits and lemon ginger drinks and whole wheat biscuits one morning before I got up.
Belinda is moving and gifted us this family statue. Wendy loved it and stared at it a long time. She wants to be an artist when she grows up. Sometimes. She also wants to be a doctor, a police officer like Sheriff Labrador, and a scientist.
Mini golfing Wendy
Miriam
He got a new science kit and really loved it. It was so nice that he's old enough and responsible enough to just call us over when he was ready to do something cool, rather than need help at every step. I did buy new baking soda for baking, and labeled this one science, just in case.
Fun mask and necklace and sticker from Gabi. She cut out the mask herself
Then Wendy cut out Miri's mask, because Miriam was outside doing science with Theo.
Miri wanted me to read the Pokemon ABC book to her until she decided Theo knows better how to pronounce Pokemon names.
Theo got up at 5 on Christmas morning and made a pile of pancakes surrounded by slices of oranges and bananas
Sonic 3
With Great Grandma
Gabi sent a vest she made for Theo that matches the sweaters she made for the girls a year ago. They are cute kids
No comments:
Post a Comment