Sunday, November 30, 2025

November

Wendy asked if she could have a non candy item from her Halloween bucket for bedtime snack. I let her have goldfish crackers. Then Miri asked if she could have a protein bar, and brought out a full sized snickers.
No. Nice try.

Wendy: Mom, does everyone have a dad?
I tried to explain that everyone does have someone that helped begin a pregnancy, but not everyone has a dad living in their house.
W: But does Jesus have a dad?
Me: Yes.
W: Who?
Me: God.
W: Okay, and who is God's dad?
Me: . . . Okay, fine, you win. I don't know if God has a dad.

Theo turned 10! This year he had a My Singing Monsters themed party. That's an obscure video game. Jay made iron on shirts of lots of monsters and we let the kids decide if they wanted to change or not. They all did. 
I hadn't thought through before helping kids keep track of their shirts, but I think we managed to remind all the kids before they went home. 
I made fondant and I thought it was much easier to work with than modeling chocolate. At first coloring it was a pain, but we learned as we went along. Reheating it and adding more water helped when it was too hard. Then Theo himself proudly baked his cake. I helped roll out the fondant and then Theo created his cake. 
Theo wanted to play board games at his party. He started some, but his 7 guests were having so much fun just being together, no game got finished. Well, no game by him. One friend, Evalyse, said she would play a game with Wendy and Miri because they were too young for Sushi Go. Those 3 finished their game, Hoot, Owl, Hoot and even won. 
Lots of friends brought more games as gifts. Rachel brought Exploding Kittens the Board game. 

It's been so fun to be Theo's mom. He has great friends, loves to read, especially Roald Dahl and The Chronicles of Narnia. His teacher has introduced him to them. 
I remember a few years ago pulling out my copy of The BFG by Roald Dahl and him complaining it was boring. I think he was trying to be contrary or maybe he was of the opinion that any book that wasn't new or from the library was less valuable. I don't know, but he takes his teacher's word for it now. 
He likes playing board games and video games. He keeps doing jiu-jitsu.
He wants to attend a Rubik's cube competition, but it hasn't happened yet. He did enter an online domino trick build competition. He didn't win, but I'm proud of him and there's a clip of his trick in the Lily Havesh video.
Wendy was the only racer that didn't have a skate mate (walker thing) to help her. And, yes, she won. It was her first time winning a race.

Thanksgiving basketball after my side of my family's dinner at a church building. Yes, my girls put temporary tattoos on their faces. 

Daddy helping Wendy with a callous. The girls both have callouses because of all the monkey bars they do 

Theo, Clark, and Wendy


Miri was supposed to write a line of big Os and little Os and then draw 3 things that start with O. But she was adamant that she would draw cats. So one is an orange cat and the other 2 are named Oscar and Oliver or something like that.

Happy birthday, Theo!






Theo made this My Singing Monsters monster cake all by himself. I did make the fondant and helped him roll it out, but he baked the cake and cut out and decorated it.

Wheelbarrow ride after doing painting (hence the shirts)

No comments:

Post a Comment