New swimsuits
 |
Is rollerblading hard? Yes. Is Wendy going to take Miri's hand to help her? Also yes. |
 |
| I found her after church just skating around. I made her change |
 |
| Daddy grows pretty roses and then helps the girls put them in their hair |
 |
Miri's favorite game: You secretly draw a head, fold it down with just the neck showing, then another person secretly draws a torso, fold, and then the last person draws the legs. I was SO excited to see a hula hooping axolotl! Miri said she was the one to draw the head and it's actually Principal Pennypacker from the Heidi Heckelbeck books! |
 |
| New swimsuits! |
 |
| More of the silly drawing game |
 |
| Spirit week. Miri was a nurse and Wendy an artist |
 |
| Spirit Week: Miri was Piggie from Elephants Can't Dance and Wendy was Gerald from Giraffes Can't Dance |
 |
| Spirit Week: Theo was Max from Phoebe and Her Unicorn |
 |
| Skip bar! |
 |
Theo participated in his very first Rubik's Cube competition. They are expected to judge as many events as they compete in. I like this ducks guy. We got a rundown on how the event worked before: The judge has a stopwatch and reveals the scrambled cube. You have 15 seconds to look at it and you must start your timer to solve it before 15 seconds, or you get 2 seconds added on to your time. If you don't start by 17 seconds, you automatically lose that round. Well, Theo looked at his solve and said, "Yeah, I'm ready." Ducks there calmly and quickly told him to put his hands and thumbs on the timer to start it. So Theo started his timer on time and solved it in 26.35 seconds! I'm just so glad that when Theo misunderstood that he had to start the timer himself, the judge helped him to be able to compete. |
 |
| One of the other dads had a minuscule 3x3 that he let others solve. It's in Theo's fingers. |
Theo was 22 out of 25 on the 3x3 cube competition. All the 3 winners were adults, so Theo did really well.
Theo was 20 out of 21 for the 2x2 competition. Again, this was all ages and those solve times below are in seconds. He did great! They take 5 solves and throw out your best and worst and then average the remaining 3.
Here's a
link, if you want to see the website with results.
The kids got their first journals this month and the girls loved writing in them. My favorite things they wrote include, "I like my mom, my sister, pizza, Jesus." and "I like miselfe."
No comments:
Post a Comment