Saturday, January 31, 2026

January 2026

 I told about Miri's surgery in January, since she wanted me to write about it, so now I'll tell you the other things that happened in January. It's now April, so I'll recall what I can.

Miri showing off her cute jammies that Gabi would love

We talked to the kids about how our '94 pickup truck is getting harder to repair and we will probably sell it soon. The kids love the truck. It belonged to their great grandpa. 


lunch with friends

Thai food

This was Jan. 19, 11 days before surgery. She's a good climber.

And so is Wendy

They built the model cars that Uncle Andy got them for Christmas. Theo helped me help Wendy. 


Crouching over in pretty shoes. Sometimes after doing art for extended periods of time, Wendy gets really sore muscles.


We were reading the Brooke Romney manners for kids calendar. One page explained that nothing is for babies -- if someone likes something you think you're too old for, be polite. You can say that you like something else, or change the subject, but never tell anyone that anything they like is for babies.
The girls wanted an example of a toy they had outgrown. I had a hard time thinking of 1. We have toys intended for babies that they still think are fun. I said, "Well, you haven't played with your dolls in awhile. Maybe you're outgrowing those?"

They declared, "Of course not!" And got them out and had lots of fun with them. 


Holding a puppy at an adoption event. We didn't take the pup home.



This is my young women's medallion from when I was 12 or so. In the Heidi Heckelbeck books, Heidi has a witches of Westwick medallion. So, of course, we needed to get out this and pretend it's a witches of Westwick medallion and cast magic spells.

Wendy did this paint swirl clock kit with her dad's help.

The girls love having Jenna over. Jenna is great for playing everything. They pull out toys I haven't seen in 6 months and have a great time with everything.

My kids love their bedsheets that my parents got them


Playing with a diy flower kit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment