
We got back from Saturday's Tucson reception late Sunday night. We had a great time at the reception, especially me being able to see all of my family who hadn't come to Houston--like
My mom was

I really appreciated all the gifts, but I thought my mom and others would enjoy seeing all the different homemade gifts! To start with, Jay's mom did all the flowers for us--they're silk and beautiful.
She also made us a nuptial pi
Jay's sister, Amber, made us cup cake pops, while his mom made the cake (with both her husband and Jay's help with the fondant).
My Aunt Lori and Uncle Ken made us this. It doesn't look bad against the orange, which is good because that's the color of this apartment.
Uncle Ken also made us this woodwork of the Houston temple!
A family friend gave us this Pyrex baking dish with our names etched onto it (I'm not giving the names of these people because I don't have their permission to use on the blog).
Another friend did our name in lace.
Another personalized some towels for us.
My mom did the Tucson reception, with vases and flowers on the table, and a whole lot of other decorations. I don't know that I have a picture of the room.
I just thought you'd be interested in these. Thanks all for all the wonderful gifts (both homemade and otherwise)!
In other news, Jay and I have two new nephews: his sister had Seth on the 21st and my sister had Daniel on the 24th!
I feel like I'm over using the explanation point. I guess it's one of those days.
No comments:
Post a Comment