As I haven't posted in months, here the highlights I got pictures of recently: I made Texas shaped sugar cookies with chocolate frosting.
Jay and Daniel celebrated their Birthdays a few months ago making kites.
Jay's sister traveled into our area awhile back. Here's a picture of Sakura and Jay dive bombing into a big cushion. I'm sorry I missed being there--I had a class. Ahhh, class.
And then there was the apple pie Jay and I made together two nights ago. That was pretty sweet. Jay bought a big bag of apples from Wal-mart, and being Wal-mart, the apples were a bit on the soft side--and some were rotten. So I suggested that we make them delicious by making them into pie. Jay cut the apples (a really big job) while I made the crust and we both helped put the top crust on. So good. The moral of the story: it's always better to eat pie than fruit.
Jay is hard at work in the accounting program while I'm finishing up my classes before my student teaching at a junior high next semester. I'm also working at a day care which is a much better job than my culinary job (which I quit a week ago).
Annie, one of Jay's family's dog in Texas, had a tumor, but it was benign, so we're happy about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment