| "Tennis balls are most delicious in my very own backyard!"--Little Foot |
| His own hidey-hole behind lots of bushes. |
| Curtains I made for the living room. I do plan on hooking the curtain straps to the walls once I get the hardware. |
| Mini quiches!!! Jay's parents got my a mini pie maker for Christmas. I'm going to have to serve these when we have company. |
Jay's job has been busy with a lot of training, but he's learning how things are done at this firm and I know he'll be a great asset to them. I'm so proud of him!
One thing we've really liked since moving here is that we got out just before the really really cold weather. It's not a picnic every day here, but we've had some great picnic days. We've enjoyed taking Little Foot for walks and to the park and to play outside, outside, outside!
Little Foot is adjusting well. The hardest part is not having a doggie door. It's been a re-potty train for him. I give him carrot medallions as a reward when he asks to go outside to do his business. He can be clingy, but he's also so very cute.
I've been trying to get together some matching curtains for the dining room big window and the little kitchen one. I want something to match all the purple of my kitchen, but Jay would rather it not be girly and the fabric store has fewer options that I had anticipated. Since there are already blinds in the windows, I'm leaning towards maybe just valances... I don't know. But I want something bright in there.
We got a memory foam mattress. It arrived the same day we did, so that was a fun surprise. It's comfy, but I wouldn't say it's the most amazing sleep ever. Of course, I almost always sleep well, so maybe I'm not the best reviewer.
I also have pictures somewhere of the roads over the pass coming up, but I don't know where they are. Maybe on Jay's laptop (side note: Jay bought me a desktop computer!!!! Good keyboard, secure place to work from, amazing monitor, purple color scheme, printer/scanner...). But the snow was piled so high up, higher than the guard rails. But lots of people were praying for us and we made it through. In fact, a big storm was supposed to hit and trap us in Reno. That would have been awful because the pick up was on a tow dolly and hard to get off in the snow and the moving van was hard to drive in the snow. We would have been basically stranded in our motel and there wasn't even stores/food within walking distance. That night we ordered pizza and had that and peanut butter and jelly and carrots (separately, not on the sandwiches). So, yes, we felt everyone's prayers when we woke up in the morning and found out that the big storm had simply disappeared.
As a less scary portion, but important to me, the Penske truck leaked on my hair! There was an actual gap in the roof that you can see daylight out of and as snow piled on top melted, the muddy deposits dripped right on me. Is there some sort of mud treatment for your hair? If so, I got a good one.
We went on a date on Friday to a traditional Moroccan restaurant, which was really nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment