Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Julie's Birthday!

We spent Julie's birthday in Santa Rosa, and had a nice, relaxing time. Also, thank you all for the gifts and well wishes and cake :) Jay was a leader for the Young Men on a 200 mile bike ride from Sacramento to the Golden Gate Bridge (and across) from Monday-Thursday. But as my birthday was Wednesday, I picked him up Tuesday evening, and returned him Thursday morning, so he missed 1/4 of the ride. He's a good husband like that.
Things I didn't get pictures of but are worth mentioning:
Jay bought me an earring and necklace set with purple stones in it for my birthday. I love it.
Bay brought me cupcakes, which was super nice since I didn't actually have a cake for my birthday, I was too busy being out of town. Friends are amazing.
And I got lots of cards and gifts from family.
My parents got me these dachshund salt and pepper shakers with magnets in the noses. They also got me a lot of things for my kitchen that... weren't a surprise and which I've been using for a few months.

After Jay failed to return Monday evening, Little Foot was very nervous. He found this bag that Jay had packed for my birthday trip and wouldn't move... it smelled like Jay and Little Foot wanted to be with him.
A bridge at the park we visited.
Braille Trail!
Also, I wonder why this wasn't also written in braille.
See the geese?
How pretty is that?
Jay didn't just take me to a park for my birthday, he took me to a really, really amazing one.
Wild berries.
A friend from church got me those flowers. I picked up the vase from a thrift store and was impressed by how the sunlight shines through it. The yoga frogs, birthday cake flavored Oreos, and purple sticky rice were from Jay's parents and sister and their family. Yes, they got me purple sticky rice. How amazing is that?!
A better shot of the yoga frogs.
I found these Japanese mugs at a nearby thrift store. They are so pretty and detailed.I love how they each came in a different color. I told Jay I'd keep an eye out for manly mugs for him.
After a long trip and you're trying to straighten up and make your bed, Little Foot says, "No, the bed is for cuddling!" I like how he and the stuffed dog are making a sideways S.

No comments:

Post a Comment