Saturday, February 13, 2016

Theo is Doing Great!

Theo is doing so well and his incision is even already healing and the glue (used as stitches) is starting to come off.

I am still careful of the site, but he doesn't seem at all affected and only had 1 dose of painkiller the evening of his surgery once the numbness wore off, and 1 does over 24 hours later at home. Since then he has acted just fine. I guess I should put his Tylenol away.

We've had several warm days, so Theo is starting to get to have bare legs in the middle of the day. I really think he got too hot one day while we were walking and he was in the stroller.

In some things, like rebelling when I put him in the stroller, he is getting harder to work with. In other ways he is getting easier. I have now a few times been able to do cooking by putting him in his bouncer nearby so he can watch me. That's how I recently made pitas for the first time since he was born.

A few things I have learned in the past 3 months:

1) All the pregnancy books and websites say you should have a labor bag packed full of lots of things to grab when you head to the hospital. I didn't have one, nor did I think I was having the baby when I went so I was unprepared. Jay did get stuff for me, but I found that most necessary items could be gotten for you at the hospital. When I wanted to shower, they even brought me baby shampoo, a hairbrush, and deodorant. The only thing I really wish I had were granola bars. My purse had most of the other things, like chapstick, that I needed. Jay did bring our cell chargers, camera, and other things.

2) Sometimes there will be hard days, but you will get through them better if you just accept that this moment is happening.
There have been times when I am really tired and Theo just wants to nurse for a few hours straight. I found that fighting and trying to make him sleep just frustrates me and makes me more tired than just accepting that right now, Theo needs to nurse.
This example happened more when he was 1 month old and still establishing a milk supply for himself.
But when I think "poor me, he just needs to stop doing _______," and focus on my problem, it makes the issue harder. Instead I think, "It looks like Theo needs ______ right now. I can do that, even if I would prefer to do something else right now."



His Uncle Davy and him were having fun sticking their tongues out at each other yesterday. I should have brought my camera, but Theo loves his tongue already

Little Foot got caught trying to steal one of Theo's blankets and take it outside. Ha!



When Little Foot gets tired on our walks, I put him in the bottom of the stroller (thanks for that idea, Haley). This time I had to figure out how to remove the dog without waking the baby. If you're wondering, I was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment