Thursday, March 24, 2016

MoTab and Easter Pajamas

JI'm pretty sure Theo sings sometimes. He makes cute noises when I am singing. He especially liked it when I listened to the video of me singing alto of The Hallelujah Chorus. I'm glad he liked it. I submitted my voice and was in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's hosting of a virtual choir (click the link. I'm in that choir. . . well my voice is, but I'm not in the footage.)

Sometimes I am Super Mommy. I know this because Theo will sleep great. And other times Theo refuses to nap all afternoon and I can't figure out how to help. I wonder how much of Theo sleeping well -- or not -- has to do with me, and how much is completely beyond my control. I guess I'm not Super Mommy who can get her child to sleep simply because he needs it.

At Theo's 4 month appointment  on Mar. 14, he weighed in at 15 lbs 4 oz, so he is finally bigger than Little Foot. He also got his vaccines, which made him fussy and raised his temperature just a little. That wasn't fun, but I think we're done with the misery. I am glad it is now 2 months before any other painful medical thing is scheduled to take place (more vaccines). I forget that when they are this little, the reactions to shots are worse than the injections themselves. Or maybe that's because I have a tough little guy who only cried for a few minutes after his shots.

I fed him and he fell asleep. So many people said, "Awww!" as I carried a sleeping baby out of the office. It was cute, but I thought it would be cuter without the tears still pooled on his face.

I am so excited that Theo got bunny pajamas around Easter. They are a hand me down from Sam.

We got out to library story time and also attended a neighborhood block party. It's a good thing I brought Theo so there would be someone near my age. Besides one fifty-year-old, everyone else was seventy or more. One neighbor is ninety-two. Needless to say, everyone adored Theo. We do have a few younger couples in our area, but mostly retirees, and the younger couples didn't attend. Jay did come at the end after working 8.5 hours on a Saturday.

Theo finally weighs more.
Little Foot is obviously still longer. That's what wiener dogs do best -- be long.


Hat and blanket by Kim. The mornings can be cold still




These dino-feet are made for stomping!


Bananas Over Mommy






Dear Easter Bunny, please let me be you for a day!



No comments:

Post a Comment