Monday, April 4, 2016

Almost 5 Months Old

Theo is growing up big and strong and becoming more opinionated. He no longer loves his bouncer because, I believe, he finds it too passive. He would rather be upright in his high chair or on the floor kicking or trying to roll over. His swing is still entertaining to him because of the mobile and the motion.

A week ago he learned to roll from his back to his tummy. I have never witnessed it, but when I came to get him one morning at 5 a.m. I found he had gotten his right arm free of the swaddle and had rolled over onto his stomach, and his face pressed against the mesh of the play yard. He was very upset!

Once a kid can roll from his back to his stomach, you are supposed to stop swaddling his arms so that he doesn't get stuck face down and suffocate. Unfortunately for all of us, the swaddle helps him sleep, so taking it away gave us some exhausting nights. I am happy to report that he is now sleeping quite a bit better. I think we are all still recovering from those nights.

I have come to get him one other time and found him on his tummy, so that makes 2 roll overs from back to front.

Jay continues to work long hours on everyone's taxes. Theo and I got to visit him at work on Saturday and his coworkers all came out of their cells cubicles to say hello and admire Theo. I am very proud of Jay and glad when I get to see him.

 The other day Theo was napping and Little Foot started barking at the doorbell. Annoyed at him, I opened the front door to get my package and pointed for Little Foot to get out. Surprisingly, he charged to the USPS truck and tried to catch a ride. Whoops. I had really just wanted him to be satisfied that no one was attacking the house and therefore be quiet and let Theo sleep. Sometimes Theo sleeps through the dog going berserk and sometimes not. This time he did.

Jay is a favorite with all of Theo's cousins. Jay gets quite the workout lifting Kaiana, Sedona, Emerson, and Erik simultaneously. 




I think this outfit used to be Jay's

1 comment: