Unfortunately, his dad didn't see it. The next day Jay tried and tried to see our son crawl and eventually told me, "That's not really crawling. He's just wiggling his way up to things."
"No, that's not what he did last night!"
The next evening we unwrapped a gift Gabi left for him. In it was a pair of shorts that Gabi had repaired that Jay had worn as a baby, a keepsake for Theo's first haircut and first lost tooth, and the red goblet. I put Theo in the shorts and then put him and the goblet on the floor, which he immediately rose up and crawled for.
Jay got some footage. Unfortunately, every time Theo does something interesting for the camera, there never is enough light for a good video. The next day I tried to get him crawling on camera and he mostly just scooted instead.
They also brought pictures of little Jay.
| Baby Jay. The upper right picture looks particularly like Theo |
![]() |
| At my grandpa's birthday party, Theo is in the same outfit Jay wore above. |
| Jay at 1 year |
These have better lighting, but he was refusing to do much actual crawling in the video.
I put Theo on the floor while I was on the couch. He proceeded to grab onto a couch cushion and pull himself up to stand. I was impressed. This morning I left him in his room. When I came back a few minutes later he had pulled himself up using a book basket and had picked out a This Little Piggy book for himself (thanks Amilee for that book at my baby shower).
Anyway, my baby just licked the dog dish and is now crying. Those may be related, so it's time for me to go.

No comments:
Post a Comment