Jay felt prompted that his great grandma Manny (Jay's mom's mom) was the one watching over Theo during his surgery when he was 12 weeks old.
Following are three different "family tree" photos with Theo's parents and grandparents. Jay may want to do some Photoshop magic so everyone looks their best. We are so glad we got a photo with all of his grandparents in it.
Jay's parents were so glad to finally meet Theo in person. He took to them right from the start. In fact, just a few hours after Gabi (Grandma) met him, she successfully put him to sleep and down in his crib. I have a hard time remembering the last person besides myself that has been successful in that.
After church we had lots of family over. I made chili. In fact, Theo was my helper. We had church from 9 a.m. to noon and then came back for chili in the crock pot. I got up with Theo at 4 a.m. and decided to start the chili then so it would have a longer time to cook. I had browned the onions and meat the night before, so it was just opening cans of beans and adding things to the crock pot. I even had mixed together the seasoning in a mug. Theo really wanted to help with that -- or he wanted to taste it. He grabbed the mug and so did I and some of the mix landed on the counter. But the important part is that he did not get a mouthful of chili seasoning. He would not have liked that at all!
My mom brought paper goods, sour cream, avocado, diced tomato, green onion, chips, cookies, and probably other things I'm forgetting. Aunt Lori brought hot dogs and buns and mashed potatoes. My grandma brought dessert. Lisa brought corn bread. Fruit appeared from somewhere (oops. Thanks, somebody). Lots of people brought tables and chairs and table cloths. I think we had about 23 people attend, and all family. I don't think anyone guessed that I added dry oatmeal to my chili to make it a bit healthier.
Jay's mom brought us some pictures of Jay from when he was a baby. I will have to find a good way to share some of them. Joey, my brother's-ten-year-old, insisted that that was baby Theo. They do look pretty similar.
I started teaching the seven- and eight-year-old kids at church. They were a very nice group. My niece was visiting our ward to be there for the blessing and she is that age, so we had lots of fun with that. She understands scriptures very well.
No comments:
Post a Comment