We hold fun and crowded family dinners together weekly. It just so happened that we celebrated 3 birthdays at our last one -- mine, Tammy's, and Grandpa Burke's. Kaiana made me a purple birthday crown and my mom made me pumpkin pie.
Instead of singing once to everyone, they actually sang three times. I think only my family would sing the same song loudly, in harmony, and excitedly three times in a row. The air conditioner had broke and it was actually extremely hot in the room, but it was still good times.
Theo is very advanced as far as gross motor skills go. I think it's because he is so interested in getting into everything and seeing where he can go. If it weren't that he likes to feed himself and he loves food, I don't know that he would have worked on his fine motor skills much yet. He is getting better at picking up small finger foods and getting them into his mouth.
In fact, the other night I was eating pizza and he wanted to be in my lap. I let him and when I was about to eat the last bite, he grabbed my hand and pulled the pizza crust into his own mouth instead. As it was a homemade whole wheat crust with low salt, I don't mind him eating it at all.
Theo is getting so fast at crawling that I have to keep lots of doors shut and pay attention or he will suddenly disappear. His new favorite is crawling into the shower in the master bathroom. This is a lot better than playing with other things in the bathroom, but I still pull him out of there.
 |
Grabbing his arms to keep him away from the pie
|
 |
| I placed his new table toy in front of my computer tower. He played and left my computer alone for 30 minutes. Hurray. |
 |
In our matching crowns.
I'm also wearing a shirt my mom got me for my birthday |
 |
| The picture doesn't properly capture just how happy Theo was with that cup |
 |
| Notice that all the kids are getting in on the blowing-out-the candle action. Apparently Tammy is nicer than I am to share her candles with kids. |
 |
| 80 years old! |
 |
| Where did my baby go? He crawled behind the curtain to look at outside. He especially likes to look out the window when it's stormy. I'm pretty sure this day was sunny, though. |
 |
| I love his face and curled toes |
 |
Beautiful dark eyes.
Sometimes late at night I put him down and see his dark eyes, even through the darkness and how blind I am without contact lenses. I quickly try to pat him back to sleep. |
 |
| He pulls himself up to stand at the window, despite there being nothing to grip on. Jay and I were both surprised when he did this -- he had had no encouragement from us. He is just so curious and wanting to see and be everywhere. |
He's so cute!
ReplyDeleteYou can tell he WANTS that pie! William is the same way. He likes to get into everything and feed himself. These babies of ours grow up way too fast!!
ReplyDelete