Theo is a very fun child. He has 2 teeth on bottom and loves eating. He has really figured out a lot about eating, picking up little bits of things and very rarely choking. He loves diced tomato, which is really surprising for me. I didn't really love plain tomato until I was an adult and Jay wishes tomatoes didn't exist. He also thinks blueberries are about the best thing ever. His biggest challenge eating is that he still picks things up in his fist and so has trouble getting it into his mouth without dropping it, but self-feeding is very important to him. He is cruising, which means he can hold onto a couch and walk. His favorite trick is when I am doing dishes or chopping vegetables, to pull himself up to stand on my pants. Then I have to pick him up or detach him before I move. He loves attention from Mommy. He also loves it when Daddy scares him, or tries to scare him. Jay can yell "boo," loudly in his face and Theo still just giggles, hardly phased. Theo loves a challenge when it comes to getting in or out of places. He will crawl over and around places because obstacle courses are fun. He also likes chewing on cords, which I have to continually take away from him. He loves songs, books, and library babytime. He also likes to babble with lots of consonants and kind of a guttural sound. Jay calls it his native tongue. It's pretty funny. His favorite time to make that noise is when eating bread. We think most things Theo does are pretty great.
The Little Foot story:
Little Foot was put under anesthesia to have his teeth cleaned (yes, really, it's a part of the vet's wellness plan). But it upset his stomach. He was up a ridiculous amount that night. We theorize that he ate the plant in the backyard, causing more tummy issues. In fact, I polled friends and we decided that plant was called lantana, which is toxic to dogs. That day I monitored Little Foot every time he went outside -- which was a lot! -- despite being tired from getting up all night with him. Between Theo and Little Foot, one of the nights I was awake from 1-5 a.m. They just both needed me!
I would have woken Jay up to take care of Little Foot, but as I hadn't gotten back to sleep yet from the last time I had been awake, I just got up with him.
So that evening that I decided Little Foot must be getting sicker from eating a poisonous plant in our yard, as soon as Jay got home he cut and dug it completely out. Then he planted dog friendly plants. He had researched some things about gardening. The yard doesn't get a whole lot of sun, but we have sprouts.
That night I was incredibly exhausted from 2 nights of getting up with a sick dog, on top of caring for Theo. Theo had only taken 2 naps, 30 minutes each, which is awful for him. Then that night he didn't go to bed until 10:45 p.m. It turned out he was getting a cold. Jay caught it from him and confirmed that before he started feeling sick, he had lots of trouble sleeping. The next day Jay got up with Theo at 6:30 a.m. so I could sleep some more, and then also let me get 2 naps in. I guess me being tired doesn't really relate to Little Foot, but it did complicate matters. I was so tired Friday night and Saturday morning I had a headache and was feeling a bit nauseated myself.
Little Foot was still not doing great, but seemed to be getting slowly better and working through it. Sunday Jay woke up with the cold but at least it meant that he was there to stay home with Little Foot. On Monday I bought some easy to digest canned food for Little Foot and he really seemed to get better on that for a few days. I'm now mixing it with his dry dog food. I'm very glad he is finally eating really well and has energy again.
Everyone appears to be on the mend. I feel like we've done very little this past week except try to recover.
There is one thing that Theo and I did get to do: see Will. My brother and his girlfriend Amanda came to visit over the weekend. I wish we'd gotten a picture of Theo with Will, but it really did happen. It was a short trip. Theo and I went to see him Sunday night at my parents' house and then they came over for lunch and games on Monday. My parents came too and we ate tamales from, I think it's called the Tamale Factory, and then played The Worst Case Scenario Game. Will and Amanda were a team and won. Mom and Dad were a close second. Theo and I lost by a lot. I think Theo wasn't pulling his weight ;)
I know I already shared this on Facebook, but I was doing yoga during Theo's nap yesterday. He of course woke and so I grabbed some toys and put him near me in my room. He loved seeing me in plank position. I think he thought I was going to crawl with him. And then I was doing boat pose and he grabbed my feet and pulled himself up to stand. It was cute, and intensified the abs workout.
It reminds me of when Little Foot was younger and would bother me while I exercised. The dog would take the opportunity to lick my face when I was busy or would climb on top of me when he could. Ha!
![]() |
| Babies grow so much in so little time! I pulled out these not-super-great photos because I wanted to look at how much has changed from 1 time span of 9 months to the next. |

No comments:
Post a Comment