Thursday, September 8, 2016

My Dad's Birthday, Theo Laughter

On Monday was my dad's birthday and we visited him. My dad got out 3 chess sets and Jared, Davy, and I played him at the same time. My dad won each game, I am pretty sure. I was the first to start playing him and also the first to be done. I was taking care of Theo and missed how the other 2 games ended.

My grandparents are temporarily staying with my parents and it was good to see them too. Grandma was eating, but I got a picture of Theo with his great grandpa.

Tuesday the sister missionaries came for dinner. Jay gave them otter pops and then gave a purple one to Theo. Theo was so intent on eating it, despite clearly being cold. It was very cute and his skin was stained purple.

We got a table and 3 chairs from a friend who is moving. Jay has made hidden compartments in them, so that's fun. Jay has also been taking care of his garden. The corn plants are waist high.

I think Theo may be trying to drop his morning nap. This is day 3 in a row that he has not napped in the morning. He is growing up. He is also very fast at crawling. When he holds my hands, he can stand and practically runs. His balance is slowly becoming better. He is pretty controlled with his movements as well as tough. He rarely falls and hurts himself, even when he pulls himself up on things. On the other hand, he often opens drawers and tries to shut his fingers -- or entire arm -- in them. I keep outlet covers on all the outlets and nothing at all plugged in in his bedroom. Whenever he gets the chance, he unplugs things and plays with the cords. I have to watch him carefully! I'm glad that I can make his bedroom safe so there is one place we can play and I can relax my supervision a little.

Theo loves the bookshelf. I have some magazines on the bottom shelf I encourage him to play with so that he isn't playing with actual paper books. We keep his board books in a bin in his bedroom. He got so good at getting books out, I removed the paper books. He is only allowed those books with supervision. I believe experts suggest you read every day with your baby for 15 minutes. We definitely read every day -- Theo and I love books -- but probably not for 15 whole minutes. His books are pretty short for that!

Little Foot has been very affectionate to Theo recently. Jay was on the couch hefting Theo up and down, right and left, and Little Foot went over to the laughing pair and liked Thei's hands, feet, and ears. That made Theo giggle even more. Maybe it has to do with the fact that Theo has learned how to purposefully drop food on the floor for the dog.

Cell phone picture. He likes to grin at a screen that shows a picture of himself
Theo disappeared, so I went to find him. He was by the window, looking at the dog outside
Looking spiffy for church



My dad winning

I missed getting a picture when there were 3 games going because I was busy playing.


Theo and Great Grandpa

The otter pop that turned him purple








2 comments:

  1. The clip on the bottom wouldn't play for me. Your little guy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added it again and I think it works this time . . . I should have deleted the old one. Oh well.

      Delete