On Saturday my parents had a Chilean friend visiting and he taught us to make empanadas and something I was told was different from pico de gallo, but looked like pico to me. We also had spaghetti, which Theo loved. I put him in just a diaper and he ate and ate and ate. Afterwards, I sat with him while my dad ran a bath because Theo was so covered in sauce, his skin was a different color. It's very helpful to have someone else run the bath when your kid is so messy.
At Ken and Alicia's we celebrated 2 birthdays, Victoria's and Aunt Lori's. Victoria wanted cookies instead of cake, and so her grandpa lit the candles. In the very crowded room, all I could see was my dad suddenly blow out the little girl's birthday candles. What?!
It turned out my Uncle Ken had blown out the match and put it on the styrofoam plate, but the match hadn't gone all the way out. My dad saw the flame and blew it (and the birthday candles) out before it started burning and melting the plate. At 10, Victoria was very understanding and the candles were relit and then we sang to her.
Theo Update:
We saw the surgeon. Dr. Ashley said that his kidney has completely returned to the correct size. Hurray. He said that is very surprising that Theo has recovered so quickly. His kidney was so very swollen, he had surgery at only 12 weeks old, even though they typically wait until the babies are older and better able to take surgery. But the surgery couldn't wait. After surgery, it typically takes a year for the swollen kidney to heal and shrink back to the correct size, if it ever shrinks all the way. In fact Theo is the second patient the surgeon has ever had to reduce in size this quickly. We are so grateful and happy. Thanks for your prayers.
| Theo has Little Foot's ball and Little Foot has Theo's. I think I know which ball Little Foot would prefer. |
| I was trying to get a picture of him peering cutely under the couch, but he noticed me and started crawling towards me as fast as possible. |
| Not a bad picture. Typically when he crawls to mommy instead of staying still for the photo, I can only get a picture of his nose or fingers in extreme close up. |
| Rachel loves me . . . or is just a big ham for the camera. She was in a much more smiley mood than Theo, which is why the Saturday pictures feature her more than my own son. |
| Theo got fussy at Sunday's dinner, but I guess he got a good rest in the car because he got home and was so very happy and giggling and bouncing |
No comments:
Post a Comment