Theo has cut his third tooth and numbers four and five seem to be almost out as well. Teething isn't fun and I'm glad there are a finite number of teeth to grow. They should help him eat even more foods, which he does love, so we can look forward to that.
Doctors discourage any T.V. at all until the age of 2, but I figured it couldn't hurt him to watch my yoga. He woke up from his nap when I was doing yoga, so I let him play where I was finishing. He crawled up to the tablet, pulled himself up, and watched the screen very interestedly, his head blocking my view. It's funny to think that he is that enthrawled by a yoga instructor.
If you're wondering, we do let him watch some T.V. His doctor has suggested we just limit it to no more than 2 hours a day.
Little Foot and Theo have an interesting relationship. Little Foot will sometimes enjoy licking Theo's ears and making him giggle. Also, the dog definitely loves to help clean up food around the high chair. Theo enjoys throwing things down to him. But other times Theo wants to play roughly, which of course Little Foot doesn't like. Our dog knows he is not allowed to play fight Theo.
I went to an infant massage class weeks ago. I thought it could be good, but mostly I went because Theo was refusing to nap, was very fussy, my mom was our of town, and we just needed to go somewhere. Theo will sometimes get hard to handle if we don't get out of the house.
Anyway, the instructor explained that massage can help your baby sleep better. I am hopeful tonight. Theo was tired but still active and he seemed to enjoy a leg rub.
Okay, so I am typing this on my tablet as Theo dozes off. Little Foot just crept into the room, slithered under a blanket, and set off one of Theo's noisy toys. Ha! It's only funny because Theo is not yet asleep and has chosen to ignore the song the toy played. Theo has been a really light sleeper recently and it drives me crazy. He woke the other day when I closed the door to the pantry, even though Theo was in his bedroom.
I started this post over a week ago. Since then Jay had a birthday. I will have to make another post after I get photos off our camera. We had a nice day. I hope Jay felt very special. We love him so much.
We had a laid back morning. I gave him his gift -- some tools and a magnetic wristband I made for holding screws while he works on projects -- first thing. After that I had a bowl of cereal since we planned on going for brunch a few hours later and I knew I would be starving if I didn't eat a little breakfast.
We went to a place with ourside seating and brought both Theo and Little Foot. They were both very well behaved. We got home and considered going to the movies, but ended up napping instead. Even Theo participated. That nightnI made pot roast, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Hurray.

No comments:
Post a Comment