Sunday, November 27, 2016

Funny Theo, Will's birthday

The other day I was making dinner and Theo was wanting attention. I thought he might be hungry and so gave him a cracker to tide him over until food was ready. He took it happily, but then disappeared. Nervous, I went to check on him.
I found him in my bed, happily munching on his Saltine! He's only one and he's already figured out not only the joy of eating in bed, but the fact that it's better to eat something with crumbs in someone else's bed.

Ha!

Last Wednesday my little brother Will and his fiance Amanda got into town and we had Will's birthday dinner. It was fun to have shepherd's pie and ice cream. His nieces and nephews especially liked the marachino cherries on top, which were always one of Will's favorite as a kid. Theo only got the vanilla ice cream, which he really liked.
Thanksgiving cuddles with my three boys




We went hiking with friends up Sabino Canyon on Saturday morning 





See the red bird?






A week ago Thursday we had Robert, Jana, and baby Erik over for dinner and a movie to say goodbye since they moved across the country the next day. When they went to leave, we couldn't find one of Erik's toys, which of course is a big deal since they were moving. We searched and searched until Jay suddenly had a thought. Once during the night Theo had disappeared. Jay had found him in the master bathroom. Jay went into the bathroom and there was the missing toy! It almost felt like Theo purposefully hid the new toy so Erik wouldn't get it back.

Thanksgiving was nice with family. We had 48 people in a church building because no one's house is big enough. For some reason the water was turned off that day, which made things complicated, but we survived and had a nice time. Today at church they had water again.

I made 30 rolls and brought some store bought rolls. We had turkey, ham, posole, mashed potatoes, yams with candied pecans, salad, lots of pies (I think I sampled 3 different types), and lots of other yummy things. 

Theo in the sweater his grandma crocheted


No comments:

Post a Comment